Possible War Pension ?

Hi All,
First post, go easy !!
I left the Army 18 years ago, after 12 years TA service I have suffered pain in my Neck, Shoulders, Hips and Knees. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of all the above areas.
I take strong painkillers, get Steroid Injections to Knees and Shoulders.
I had a bad time about 10 years ago, after a lot of appointments I was told I was suffering from PTSD. I have had a lot of treatment for this condition and have been discharged from this treatment.
I have only had 2 Civvy jobs in the last 30 years, none of them in any way physical or demanding.
I have been told my Civvy jobs could not have caused this amount of damage to my joints.
I have a copy of my Army Med Docs, there are a few accidents recorded, but not a lot of information.
I also got a report from my GP, I can tie in what injuries I received during TA time from my GPs records.
Could anyone please advise me on the War Pension ? Would it be worthwhile claiming one of these ?
Any advice would be greatly apprecaited. forgot to add Male56 years old
Thank You.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 8,970
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    If all of your service was in the TA, then I'm afraid you won't be entitled to any pension, War or otherwise. (since changed so that some TA service is pensionable - but the rules were not made retrospective).

However, I would speak to the experts in this field - The Royal British Legion War Pensions Department - as they may be able to advise you re any other benefits or help that you may be entitled to.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport