London Capital and Finance

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    daniel80 wrote: »
    Decided to go with the help to but isa. Seems the best and safest by far.

agreed, accepting the comments above.
    lending your sons money to London Capital and Finance is not the answer.
  • O1979
    O1979 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I have gone onto the samewebsite and thought the same thing. I would say by the location off there office and previous veviews everything is ok with them and going good.The 3 year fixed interest bond income 8 % can be taken out quartely or for slighly higher amount left in too mature. The first deposit is not returnable for 3 years with a lot off people doing the similar thing. I would say that overal sum which is neing held by the company is safe.
  • O1979
    O1979 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I would not know if anyone who is already receiving interest can recogmend this as a good source off income and respond too me.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    O1979 wrote: »
    I have gone onto the samewebsite and thought the same thing. I would say by the location off there office and previous veviews everything is ok with them and going good.The 3 year fixed interest bond income 8 % can be taken out quartely or for slighly higher amount left in too mature. The first deposit is not returnable for 3 years with a lot off people doing the similar thing. I would say that overal sum which is neing held by the company is safe.

Thanks for signing up to share your views. Your comments are all very reassuring.:cool:
    I would not know if anyone who is already receiving interest can recogmend this as a good source off income and respond too me.

I would not know of anyone either. Do tell us how you get on:) informed
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,532
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

I think we can safely say on the basis of your signup and recommendation that it isn't a good option
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Forumite
    I have gone onto the samewebsite and thought the same thing. I would say by the location off there office and previous veviews everything is ok with them and going good.
    I don't know that you can judge the reliability of investment returns from a location of an office.

Still, if you can... per their website it's south of Tunbridge Wells, about 40 miles drive from central London. The nearest decent looking pub is the Neville Crest & Gun; it has two one-star reviews on Yelp. They have Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc on the wine list which is a good tipple but a bit too "trendy five years ago" to be the mark of a top sommelier. The food menu and drink selection s pretty similar to the other Brunning and Price pubs around the country.

Does this make LC & F's bonds more or less secure? Or is it not the best way to do your due diligence on an investment where all your capital is at risk?
    The first deposit is not returnable for 3 years with a lot off people doing the similar thing. I would say that overal sum which is neing held by the company is safe.
    Well, I guess if "a lot off people doing the similar thing", nothing could go wrong.

Although if it does go wrong, there will be a lot off people chasing the small amount of remaining assets to split between them.

Good luck with your investments; you may need it.
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

If London Capital and Finance are paying for recommendations, they should at least screen for the ability to spell and write grammatically.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,898
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    London Capital & Finance aren't interested in the kind of mark who smells a rat when they see bad grammar and spelling.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,532
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    I don't know that you can judge the reliability of investment returns from a location of an office.

Still, if you can... per their website it's south of Tunbridge Wells, about 40 miles drive from central London.
    Out of interest does anyone have the address? I'm that way over weekend and may have a little look....
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • mositt
    mositt Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Forgive a newbe for jumping in with slightly different investment warning. Found this thread after googling best savings rates to find out where to invest the proceeds from two accounts which are maturing this month (5 yrs ago you could get 5% fixed interest!) This LC&F seemed attractive but I have learned over the years that if it seems too good to be true etc. and agree with everyone who warned against it. Maybe I need to start a new thread? The investments I want to warn about are films. Several years ago I followed internet links and invested in several 'guaranteed' investment opportunities with promises of royalties, with all sorts of legal-sounding assurances & signatures, trailers, posters advertising the films. I gradually got sucked into investing in 4 films and £80,000, all of which turned out to be scams and the swindlers disappeared with the money. there doesn't seem to be any way of getting the money back. Fraud are not interested. So beware!! M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback