Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Options
GAZ$
GAZ$ Posts: 42 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 March 2014 at 7:47PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi
Just wondering if any 1 could help me out if possible please

Im coming to the end of a DMP October this year and I have 3 barcleycard accounds all saying AR from 2007, (card 1£150)(card2£220)(card3£500)left to pay on them I can afford to pay these now in full if needed or carry on till October Just im worried that these AP will still show for years after I have finished as a default would of been better as would remove after 6 years from 2007 all other accounts have defaulted me and drop of in oct-nov this year that are also on this DMP

Any chance of a nice polite letter would work or not ?

Comments

• happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    There's been loads of threads on here about Barclaycard and this sort of thing.

The ARs will stay on file for 6 years from when the account is settled, I.e. Paid off.

I would write a complaint stating the accounts should have defaulted within 6 months as per the ICO guidelines.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3172602

If they refuse, refer to a FOS.
    :beer:
  • GAZ$
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply happy bunny ,does any one have a template or address to send to or email
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    No template for this I don't think. Don't really need one. Just state what I said above.
    :beer:
  • GAZ$
    Options
    sent the below all accounts now deleted on Experian and Equifax

Formal Complaint

Re: Account No.s x3 accounts

Sir/Madam,

I refer to the above mentioned Barclaycard Accounts which is being reported on my credit reference files.

Barclaycard has been reporting arrangement to pay markers (APM / AR) on the above accounts since 03/2007 - over 7 years , which places me in a disadvantage compared to a debtor who has had an account defaulted .and therefore will continue to appear on my credit file until March 2020 It would appear that Barclaycard has used arrangement to pay markers in place of a default on the account, It is understood that the Information Commissioner's Office does not agree with this and states that this is Unfair practice.

The definition of a default
    9 A ‘default’ can be said to occur as soon as a borrower fails to meet the terms of their credit arrangement.

An ‘arrangement to pay’
    21 This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments

I believe therefore it is against Information Commissioner's Office guide lines for this debts not to have been defaulted on or before 03/2007.

I ask therefore that you place a default date of 03/2007 with all 3 credit agencies for the above 3 accounts. This will bring it in line with my other debts that was all defaulted at same time on entering my DMP

These AP/AR markers are likely to cause considerable problems to me financially as the account should have been defaulted in 2007 and the default removed in 2013, this data will be displayed nearly 5/6 years longer than necessary.

I will continue to pay payments on these accounts until fully paid

I look forward to Barclaycard sending a prompt and proper reply.

Regards

• matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good result :)
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Fantastic. :)

I'll post a link to this on the DMP thread.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2014 at 10:37PM
    Options
    Great result!

Did they acknowledge your letter?

How long did it take them to remove the accounts?

Could you confirm which address you sent the letter to :)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Would it be worth my time sending a similar letter to both HSBC and Capital One?

My Arrangement to Pay markers fall off in September of this year but having a look at my Equifax credit report, Capital One reported AP markers from October 2004 through to the settlement of my credit account with them in September 2008; HSBC applied these marks from October 2005 through November 2006.

Excellent result for the OP; it's great to see something positive come from something negative!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • GAZ$
    Options
    All done under 3 weeks all done by email ,Very nice lady helped me out
    il check email Monday at work
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Gaz, an email address would be really useful. I have Barclaycard AP markers from 2007 also :)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport