Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• carmel11
    carmel11 Posts: 375 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2013 at 7:33AM
    I joined them in early jan on a fixed , which I can leave without penalty which I thought was a great deal . Hopefully that won't be affected. They have a Freephone number so I will ring and check today. They only send statements out every 3 months so I keep an eye on my usage myself. They don't penalise you if you don't pay by direct debit, and its possible to pay the bill as you go along online so once I get this bad weather out of the way I am going to cancel my direct debit.
    I would have preferred to be able to track my usage online like some utility companies let you do, but their website doesn't allow this, although it allows you to see your meter readings it doesn't simply show you your usage.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    I initiated a change from Southern Electric to Co-operative Energy nearly a month ago. A letter arrived today, dated the 12th of February, -

'we are increasing our prices for new customers who switch to Co-operative Energy on or after 12th February 2013. Our electricity prices will increase by 9.0% and our gas prices will increase by 8.5%.'

Blah blah blah 'You do not need to take any action as a result of this letter.'

Since they hadn't bothered to send me anything before this letter, I haven't officially switched yet, so I will be stuck with the higher prices. How nice for them. :mad:

As your application to switch was made before 12 Feb, then you will not be affected by the price rises until 15 April.

You will also have an opportunity to reject the price increase (but then you will have to switch supplier again)
  • Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Wywth wrote: »
    As your application to switch was made before 12 Feb, then you will not be affected by the price rises until 15 April.

You will also have an opportunity to reject the price increase (but then you will have to switch supplier again)

Has it been confirmed that existing customers will be hit with the price rise on April 15th? Or, have they just said that existing customers' current rates are being held till at least 15th April?
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    We switched a year ago and they've been perfect ever since. Easy to talk to and deal with.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Paul_01 wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that existing customers will be hit with the price rise on April 15th? Or, have they just said that existing customers' current rates are being held till at least 15th April?

Existing customers (who signed up before 12 Feb) have been promised their prices will be frozen until 15 April.

We all know what a song and dance Martin made about Eon who last year promised to freeze prices until 1st Jan.
    (they increased them effective 18 Jan)

Customers will get at least 1 month notice of any price increase. :)
    (so customers on their Pioneer tariff should look out for a letter dropping through their mail box around the middle of next month ;))
  • carmel11
    carmel11 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Just did a little email yesterday, they replied the next day, perfect.
  • Half way through the switching process from e-on (apparently the cooling off period has lapsed but we havnt officially started with co op yet as not been asked to give meter readings) as they came up loads cheapest in recent search, only to get a lovely letter today saying new customers are getting their prices hiked around 9% any new customers after feb 12th!!! Scandal - and where do we stand? Are we officially new customers or not because we started the switch over a month ago? I shall be making angry enquiries in to this soon!
  • Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MrsBinky wrote: »
    Half way through the switching process from e-on (apparently the cooling off period has lapsed but we havnt officially started with co op yet as not been asked to give meter readings) as they came up loads cheapest in recent search, only to get a lovely letter today saying new customers are getting their prices hiked around 9% any new customers after feb 12th!!! Scandal - and where do we stand? Are we officially new customers or not because we started the switch over a month ago? I shall be making angry enquiries in to this soon!

Just read this thread, you'll find the answer to your query.

"Con-artists" is a bit of an over reaction.......
  • Paul_01 wrote: »
    Just read this thread, you'll find the answer to your query.

"Con-artists" is a bit of an over reaction.......

Undecided yet - you can't be too sure with these companies what tricks they will come up with, even if we dont fall in to the new price rise at the moment we still have to switch again come April. All the energy companies are as bad as one another in my opinion and the new regulations can't come soon enough
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,691
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Another increase in the Pioneer rates today, WEF 9 May;-

Electricity 11.37p to 12.46p

Elec Standing Charge £63 to £73

Gas 3.8p to 4.12p

Gas Standing Charge £64.26 to £73.

These are Midlands, ex-MEB, prices.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure