The TMB, Challenor Investments and a Mis-sold Mortgage

Comments

• FraudBuster
    FraudBuster Posts: 931 Forumite
    Today, 7:24 PM #107 Cashpig74 vbmenu_register("postmenu_19525461", true);
    MoneySaving Convert
    1_star.gif

icon1.gif
    PS As you can see for my sig some of us like to save rather than take out borrowing to pay for things! I am saving for a new bathroom right now

Thats great Kavanne, I hope you get it. Just, be a little less judgemental please, people borrow money all the time. i personally, believe in specualte to acumulate - sometimes is works out, sometimes it doesn;t. The trading didn;t. game over.
  • Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Oh I see "fraudbuster" is just one of these posters that wants to gain attention by repeating other peoples posts... fool.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    firstly, the surveyor that did it was a bank associated surveyor and gave the exact prive that challenor suggested.

So, in other words, you relied solely on a basic valuation from someone that was not employed by you. You should have got your own suveyor. A lenders basic valuation is just that. In a rising market they would have no reason to question valuations that are within the ballpark of the required area. In a falling market they will be more pickey.
    it comes down to the purchase price. the bank has not done enough checks

Why should they?
    clearly, and they have given me a 100% mortgage.

Only if you lied on the application.
    there was no deposit and you cannot accept a discount as deposit.

Yes they can if they accept that.
    it has to be an actual cash sum proven to go towards to seller as part payment.

no it doesnt.
    i made no such payment and no one else made a payment. the paper work was doctored to show things that were not the case.

who doctored the application?
    the valuation was set higher to attract ppl to buy it and they got stung for a finders fee.

Yes. That is part of the scam. However, its legal status will depend on the disclosure given. However, at no point does it seem like the lender is the one that is at fault here. It would require the mortgage broker, legal team and builder to be involved and the value on land registry not correctly recorded. If you are chasing the lender then you are chasing a victim rather than the offender.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Cashpig74
    I never said at any point that the lender was the problem. They are also the victim in some way.

You single handedly seem to have solved this mystery that the police have been working on for months, WOW - well done, you know EVERYTHING about the mortgage game inside out. You are amazing. Wrong though.
  • Dan_1976
    Dan_1976 Posts: 943 Forumite
    These are going to be all over the place. From my experience (and it was from a distance and I remember shaking my head and calling my broker buddy's client a so and so) but the client in the cases I saw, thought they were being clever. They were getting almost 100% mortgages on new build flats with rental calculations from another planet and iffy agreements between builders and lenders!

I am sorry but either your dim or your trying to get away with it!
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson
    "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" Woody Allen

Debt Apr 2010 £0
  • Cashpig74
    Erm, its called being "sold" and "ripped off" - and I have no problem with being ripped off - call me an idiot if you like, but there were many people that were stung.

The mortgage provider - and i have checked with other banks - have not done anywhere near enough groundwork in lending me this money. I have a tenant too and always have had - thats not the issue - the issue is it was mis-sold. and thats a police opinion too. if I was wrong, then the FOS would have old me to pack my bags a long time ago - but there are assigned a case worker to me and told me I have a strong case.

all i see in this thread, are posters looking for oneupmanship and trying to collect the "smartas*rse" of the thread award.

jog on ..
  • FraudBuster
    FraudBuster Posts: 931 Forumite
    Oh I see "fraudbuster" is just one of these posters that wants to gain attention by repeating other peoples posts... fool.

A fool and his money are soon parted

Meaning: Stupid people spend their money carelessly and soon become poor.
    Note: fool (noun) = a silly person; someone who acts unwisely or without care | be parted (verb) = be separated

:beer:
  • Dan_1976
    Sorry cashpig but how did I know it was a buy to let?

OK you may have been sold but you have to admit you saw the nice figures and ignored the risks!

I am fed up after telling a fair amount of people that these schemes are risky and then they complain when it goes wrong!

My practice was invited to get involved in this type of set up and we declined as it was always going to end in tears.

Ps. I am not smart enough to be a smart !!!!
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson
    "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" Woody Allen

Debt Apr 2010 £0
  • Tiddler_2
    Tiddler_2 Posts: 537 Forumite
    There's a saying in life........some you win, some you lose.

Just because 1 mortgage company does certain checks does not mean that every mortgage company has to do the same checks.

In your other thread you state that & I quote "I am not stupid" and I'm not saying you are, but surely you had concerns over the fact that you were buying a property worth £180k for £150k. Why would any business sell something for almost 20% below market value? Usually it's because they couldn't sell it at the original price. After all you wouldn't expect to buy a posh cake for the same price as a bread pudding would you?

for those wondering what I'm on about

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1541119

*awaits personal criticism & name calling*
  • Dan_1976
    LOL I think you either are a sucker or you are a salesman??

:rotfl:

Debt Apr 2010 £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport