Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Joined Avro in September just before previous supplier went bump, Eversmart.
    Switch went through fine.
    Called help line several times answered within 10 mins and the helpline glad to say is in the UK!

Emails reply received within two days.

Calls resolved

Due to concerns whether switch had gone through due to Eversmart going bump.
    Due to Eversmart replacing my meters with dumb types and never updating national database.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I left Avro about a year ago - leaving the DD in place for them to take the final payment. Got an email from them yesterday - please, sir, can we have our £26.66, sir, please?

As Terry-Thomas used to say, "What a shower!"...:)
  • rae73
    rae73 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Absolute nightmare! Left them 13 months ago and they have just today sent a final bill to be paid in 7 days!! Took months of chasing them to sort a switch away from them. We left because they said they didn't receive our readings which we submitted every single month via their website We could never log in nor keep track of our account, nothing ever updated. We paid every month via DD but still ended up wih a £200 bill on top.
    Worst customer service ever, total lack of communication. Steer clear!
  • Switched to Avro 3 years ago, switch went very smoothly with good communications from Avro.
    You receive an email reminder every month to log on and submit meter readings and about five days later on their website is your current balance and usage, you can also download your monthly statement.
    I have been on a yearly fixed tariff and towards the end of the agreement get a new quote from Avro for the next twelve months and so far my monthly payment has stayed within a few pounds of that of three years ago.
    So far so good!
    Customer service on the few occasions I have contacted them has been 1st. class.
  • I've been with Avro for about 20 months. No real problems I'm pleased to say. The website isn't brilliant and the helpful looking usage charts seem to be filled with random data rather than actual usage. (I have a suspicion this may be because my meter reading date is in the middle of the month, so they're always working on partial data.) Fortunately the bills seem to be based on the correct usage. I was able to switch tariff with a simple phone call. They're very slow to reply to email but don't ignore you like some suppliers.
  • holbob
    holbob Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cranford wrote: »
    I think you will find that it is not Avro that gives your opening readings to your previous company but an independent meter validation company which checks that your meter reading falls within their expected range. They then give what they think are the correct values to the previous company. You can hardly blame Avro if you supplied the gas reading late so the meter validation company will be using estimates. Avro don't bill you on the dates that you submit your readings unless they coincide with the billing date they hold for you. In my case I normally submit the readings on the 12th or 13th of the month and my billing date is the 14th. It takes a few dates for the bills to be available online but the billing date is always the 14th and the estimates for the one or two days are very accurate.

Wrong.

4th month running I have given the meter readings 1-2 days before the date they give me to submit them by. Let's see if they manage to give me a bill this time - I'm not holding my breath.

The gas reading is now finally higher than their estimated reading from my last statement, in August no less. So much for "estimates very accurate".
  • Although they're pretty good at sending a meter reading reminder email, they do not ATM send an email when a statement is ready, also the file name of each statement is just statement.do. I emailed a suggestion a month ago that they (like Octopus) modify their system to send a statement ready email and change the naming to yyyymmdd.pdf so it's easy to find whichever one you want to look at. "It has been forwarded to the appropriate department", but nothing further yet!
  • I have been with Avro for 12 months, seem less switch to them and they offered another 12 months at a comparable quote to the cheapest and no cost to leave during the 12 months.

I raised a query with them yesterday as the last 4 statements were missing on my account. By the end of today they had replied and my missing statements were there along with an upto date balance. can’t ask for much more than that.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have had to ring them this morning for the 3rd month running to get my gas meter reading validated. Even though I send them readings they keep estimating it. They say its because I have used a lot more units than the previous month. I keep pointing out to them that its winter so my consumption will increase. They always generate a correct bill while I am on the phone to them, but its a bit annoying all the same. The person I spoke to today said she was going to put a reminder on her calendar to check before the bill is generated next month. I will wait and see.
  • MM2002 wrote: »
    Cheeky Bug@ers!!!!!

I switched to OVO eneregy from Avro in April, and knew I had credit in the account. Something made me wonder if it had been repaid, or transferred in the switch, so I logged on to my Avro account and there is £138 sitting there!!!

I called Avro up, and after a 10 minute wait on hold explained to the operator, who issued an apology and started the process of a refund.

I wonder how many other switchers have credit sitting in old energy suppliers bank accounts(including me for older ones I havent chased!!)

Has anyone else had experience of this?

I administered my mother's Avro account. She switched to Yorkshire Energy in August. I waited three months for Avro to put up a closing statement to no avail. I knew my mother's account was in credit to the tune of about £30 two weeks before and paid a further £64 on the day before the switch so I finally emailed them asking for a refund.
    To my amazement, they then replaced the August statement with a final statement which said my mother owed £178.02 and they wanted the money to be paid immediately.
    Something clearly wan't right and I replied and told them so. They hadn't bothered with a closing statement until I'd contacted them - their claim that the closing statement had been available online since October was an outright lie as I've been waiting for weeks and checking regularly.
    I checked their final meter readings with those supplied subsequently to Yorkshire Energy and, guess what, they are nowhere near!
    According to Avro, my mother used 8373 kwh of gas in August this year - that's more than twice the total of the seven previous months in the warmest month of the year!
    I'm still awaiting to see what they say about this but I'd be very careful in my dealings with Avro. They appear to either incompetent, overcharging or just don't care.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback