Thomas Cook - what you need to know - MSE News

Comments

• bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    candygirl wrote: »
    Got my money back today, plus interest.Roll on Goa :j

How did you pay for the holiday? Debit card or direct debit? And if debit card when did you apply for the refund?
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    bobblebob wrote: »
    How did you pay for the holiday? Debit card or direct debit? And if debit card when did you apply for the refund?

Credit card, but it was a flight only, n no ATOL protection.So relieved as it's my spends now, for my hols in 2 weeks 😁 I applied the day TC went under :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ah you applied via your credit card provider. Thought you had applied via the ATOL refund website
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    bobblebob wrote: »
    Ah you applied via your credit card provider. Thought you had applied via the ATOL refund website

Noooo.They did a charge back, so I didn't have to faff around with forms etc :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Has anybody been successful in getting a refund through Halifax credit card for non ATOL protected flights? Have chased and tweeted now it's passed the 45 days quoted for a resolution and not getting any updates. They asked me a few weeks ago for proof that Thomas Cook had gone bust to progress the claim!!
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2019 at 7:59PM
    Put a Thomas Cook ATOL claim on the 9th October. Email received last night confirming my claim has been processed and a full refund will be paid into my bank account within 48 h.

Hopefully everyone else will get their refunds soon :)

Refund now received :)
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    poor old Simon Calder ( the go to guy on anything travel related ) hasn't had a refund either , he was banging on about it on twitter

time to start a crowdfunder I think
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Simon Calder has written an article in this morning's Independent reporting that over 200 people have contacted him to say they have had no refund from the CAA despite their assurance that claims would be paid by the beginning of December. He booked the day before failure to test the system and it appears to be failing at present, I doubt he is worried about his own refund
  • Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    Simon Calder has written an article in this morning's Independent reporting that over 200 people have contacted him to say they have had no refund from the CAA despite their assurance that claims would be paid by the beginning of December. He booked the day before failure to test the system and it appears to be failing at present, I doubt he is worried about his own refund
    Well the last time I looked at the calendar, it said the 13th November. So why is this even an issue yet? Pathetic journalism.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Interesting article in the independent

Claims the refund target of 60 days cannot be made and suspects no ATOL refund have been made yet

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/thomas-cook-collapse-latest-refund-civil-aviation-authority-holiday-debit-credit-card-a9199961.html
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family