MSE Poll: How do you rate your bank account's service?

Poll started 20 August 2019
Every six months, we ask for your help to track the quality of customer service provided by banks. By comparing your answers with last time, we can see which have got better or worse.

So, please vote based on CUSTOMER SERVICE for your main CURRENT account over the last SIX MONTHS. Ignore rates or any other products, and service if it's more than six months old.
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• I have accounts with five of the banks on the list and yet I can only respond for one bank. Surely allowing responses on more than one bank per respondent allows closer comparisons.
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Why is the list of options in a different order under TSB than EVERY other bank listed? This could cause a misleading impression.

Hope this is noticed when producing final poll results.
  • I agree with MST I have 3 bank accounts but can only vote on 1. I'll leave a comment here that I'm not happy with Nationwide slashing the interest rates for savings, big deal you're still a building society, you still treat your customers badly.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • I agree with MST I have 3 bank accounts but can only vote on 1. I'll leave a comment here that I'm not happy with Nationwide slashing the interest rates for savings, big deal you're still a building society, you still treat your customers badly.

I'm right there with you CiB, pi88ed off with NW. Our insurance package at £13 PCM was offset by £6 or so of interest as I tried hard to keep the Flex plus topped up to £2.5k.
    Now the same cover is effectively £19 PCM.
    I think that the next time a juicy bank switching deal comes up I'll move everything but a token balance in Flex plus out of NW. Barstewards!
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Three different banks, but only one vote, not much use as the results will not be accurate; I'm sure I won't be the only person with multiple accounts!

No votes from me.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Nat West shut my local branch at Bungay 6 miles away, then Beccles 8 miles away, then Diss 16 miles away. I now have the choice of driving to Lowestoft also about 16 miles and an often blocked bridge away - where you have to pay for parking or Norwich over 20 miles away and bad rush hour traffic and again pay for parking. Nat west are providing a mobile bank at Diss and Beccles for about 90 minutes at each on the same 2 days of the week and they suggest using the post office. Thanks to all the bank closures the post office usually has a massive queue and cannot process a credit card payment or do account transfer requests - my only two uses for a branch. I don't want to go mobile app as I was hacked in 2015 and BT were worse than useless about sorting that issue as were action fraud.
  • ronda454
    ronda454 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    I have accounts in 2 different banks, but use the only one)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback