• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    GAZ$ wrote: »
    All done under 3 weeks all done by email ,Very nice lady helped me out
    il check email Monday at work

Brilliant, and thanks for sharing the outcome, much appreciated :beer:
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • SRT81
    SRT81 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    After seeing this thread I've just had a look on my Experian account, and lo-and-behold, the account has been marked as AR since March 2008.

They're marking the last six months as late payments (despite having agreed to, and accepting payments from, my DMP), I assume prior to adding a new default.

Time to send a letter like the above I think!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GAZ$ wrote: »
    All done under 3 weeks all done by email ,Very nice lady helped me out
    il check email Monday at work
    Was it this email address?

[EMAIL="hector.sants@barclays.com"]hector.sants@barclays.com[/EMAIL]
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • SRT81
    Options
    Bit of a bump…

I sent a letter based on the OP's, and today had a voicemail asking me to call about my complaint.

Fully expecting them to fob me off, I called and explained that I entered my DMP in 2007, and as such would have been making less than their minimum payments the account should have been defaulted, and off my credit report by now.

The guy I spoke to was (surprisingly) extremely helpful, and after a brief hold where he was apparently conferring with a manager, he came back and agreed that the account should have been defaulted over six years ago and that it was unfair to still show as arrangement to pay until the account is settled.

Long and short of it, they're correcting the account to default from the end of 2007, so it will come off CRA files next time they're updated.

If not for this thread I wouldn't have investigated my own Barclaycard records, so thanks to the OP and everyone else's comments!

:)
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can I have the email address for barclaycard complaints ?

Thanks
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    Well done that is good news I wish I could get that to happen on my accounts all the best
  • SRT81
    Options
    xgingerx wrote: »
    Hi, can I have the email address for barclaycard complaints ?

Thanks
    I contacted them in writing, then they called me.

Wrote to this address:

Barclaycard,
    PO Box 10200,
    Wigston, LE18 9ER
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    Well done that is good news I wish I could get that to happen on my accounts all the best
    If you have AP/AR markers where you think there should be a default then just contact your creditor and hit them with the info in the above example letter.
  • greybear40
    greybear40 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I am currently trying to get the same amended with my 2 Studio accounts which were on arrangements for over 6 years until I changed them back to normal payment terms in Jan this year. I only changed them back as I read some posts on here that said arrangements were bad for your credit file and so I could get some history of normal payments but I realise this will take time. I want to clear the accounts but that would just make the most recent history nearly all ar statuses so am just paying minimum payments at moment. I have written to them once and they replied "your account hasn't defaulted with Studio cards and is still open and has never been passed out to an external debt collector. Due to this it will show as an outstanding debt on your credit file." So I have now sent the letter above as maybe my one didn't explain things properly. Doesn't look like I'm going to get anywhere though :(
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    It s funny how people are treated different I was told you agreed to have that marker by going on a ten year repayment plan
  • SRT81
    Options
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    It s funny how people are treated different I was told you agreed to have that marker by going on a ten year repayment plan
    Well, I'd maybe challenge that.

Like it says in the letter template, an arrangement to pay is supposed to be a short-term marker (up to six months).

I'm not certain, but I don't think they're supposed to simply roll-on with that marker at the end of every six month period.

Maybe someone who knows a bit more will comment with further advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure