Stautory Redundancy Pay

2»

Comments

• Naranji
    Naranji Posts: 19 Forumite
    I have just been made redundant, and have worked for my company for two years. I am entitled to £660 for two years service.
    That is statutory redundancy pay.

You would only get the Full Amont if £330 if you earned that or above, if you earned say £250 a week you would get 2 x £250. £330 is the Max they will pay, which is a bit off if you earn £500 a week !!!
  • yomama2
    yomama2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Lot of useful info here. Please note the statutory may weekly redundancy pay rises to £350 for redundancy after the 31 January. The number of years is based on the number of full years since you start date. Ie if you started in sept and you finial day of service is in aug your calcuation will not take into account the last 11 month. Time can be deducted for any period of time where you were on strike etc.
  • craig777
    craig777 Posts: 206 Forumite
    b0ardrider wrote: »
    ..and if you were full time for a number of years then went part time after having a baby (same department, similar role), should redundancy include those earlier full time years in any calculation?

My wife is in this situation. She was told earlier this week that redunancy is on the cards for her. She's been with her company for 20 years, 15 of those years were full-time, but the last 5 have been part-time since having our kids.

Your redunancy will be calculated on the pay that you're getting on the day that redunancy notice is given as far as I understand... unless of course you work for a very nice company that goes above and beyond the statutory requirements.
  • scope
    scope Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    b0ardrider wrote: »
    ..and if you were full time for a number of years then went part time after having a baby (same department, similar role), should redundancy include those earlier full time years in any calculation?

baby or part time doesnt matter, she will get paid from the day she was hired by the company.
  • needaspirin
    needaspirin Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Redundancy pay is calculated on the worker's weekly salary at the time of redundancy, subject to the maximum amount, unless s/he has been made redundant while off sick, laid off or on short time working.
    If an employee working full time, voluntarily changed to part-time working and was then made redundant, her/his redundancy pay would be calculated on her/his (reduced) part-time weekly salary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure