• gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    Anyone ? ;)

I imagine once you've given them your opening reading
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm guessing that you've just initiated the swap. There's the 14 day cooling off period and you probably can't set up or log-in to an account until after that's expired.

I reckon they'll ask you to sign into your on-line account for a meter reading a few days before your activation date.

My date is 10th September so I don't expect to hear from them until about 5th Sept. They'll get a meter reading on 9th or 10th
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • molerat wrote: »
    Anyone ? ;)

Just gone live today. So on the day of switch you will get an email asking for meter readings and to say you can open the account.
  • I have just switched to Eversmart in 14 days, so overall impressed. However, (i) tried to call them today several times and I was 14th in the queue (ii) I was unable to add my meter readings to the website due to system errors. Anyone else had the latter problem?
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OK thanks Guys. Hopefully they won't bother asking me - I'm almost as south as you can yet.
  • This has got to be the worst change over i have ever done.
    I joined up about 4 days ago & they messed up.
    1. They spelt my name with a 5 in it. OK! not a big deal.
    2. They set my monthly direct debit up for £665.00 per month &
    should be around £55.00.
    I have been trying to get in touch for 3 days via facebook, email & don't bother with the phone as i can guarantee you will be 20 somthing in the queue. This shows what this company is like, not one single reply. Yet they can sort a direct debit out in hours.
    This i can see being another company like Iresa that just went under.
    To be honest, they deserve it for treating a new customer like this. :(
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just cancel the DD, they'll soon be in touch when they have no income stream from you.
    I don't understand why they are setting up the DD when you still have 10 days of your cooling off period to run?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    macman wrote: »
    Just cancel the DD, they'll soon be in touch when they have no income stream from you.
    I don't understand why they are setting up the DD when you still have 10 days of your cooling off period to run?

Seems to be the norm -arranged to swap to Usio on Tuesday; yesterday the DD appeared on my bank account and I had an email telling me the amount, which will be taken when the switch completed in about 14 further days. As has been said before,these small suppliers could not exist with payments in arrears -they must have a positive cash flow:)
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    collectors wrote: »
    This has got to be the worst change over i have ever done.
    I joined up about 4 days ago & they messed up.
    1. They spelt my name with a 5 in it. OK! not a big deal.
    2. They set my monthly direct debit up for £665.00 per month &
    should be around £55.00.
    I have been trying to get in touch for 3 days via facebook, email & don't bother with the phone as i can guarantee you will be 20 somthing in the queue. This shows what this company is like, not one single reply. Yet they can sort a direct debit out in hours.
    This i can see being another company like Iresa that just went under.
    To be honest, they deserve it for treating a new customer like this. :(

Bit harsh.........if your not happy just cancel and move on,they might be a bit busy at the moment what with being the cheapest for electric
    I'm surprised they haven't pulled the deal yet
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Setting up a DD with the annual amount instead of the monthly amount is not the sort of error that can really be excused just by being a 'bit busy'. After reading reviews, I'm going off Energysmart. Unfortunately, my back up plan to use Cardiff Energy for gas and AN Other for leccy has now stalled, as CE tell me that their v11 fix has now increased in price by about 15%, making them no longer competitive. Their website price has been amended, but the CEC database has not been, yet.
    Things seem to be moving very fast at present, I just wish Iresa had gone into admin 10 days earlier!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport