A whole new world, for now

Comments

• so, typically me, when the going gets tough, i disappear into lurkdom and vicarious moneysaving via other people's diaries. since tuesday, i've had the dreaded cold / flu thing that's doing the rounds and have just felt rotten. i did however drag myself out to a meeting on thursday with what has been an elusive client to be told that, although they awarded me a contract in sept, they really don't want the service that they specified. i was so so annoyed, depressed, etc. it was always going to require more effort than it was worth but they should not mess people around like this. i also found out that i was unsuccessful with the part time post applied for and had a check up at the diabetic clinic at the hospital yesterday. the check up went slightly better than expected. my sugars are still too high but the dr was someone who listened and even seemed to believe that i should input into decisions about my health - how unusual!

on other news, i'm pockling on with SB and PA and am halfway to payout from each. I also emailed my coach and explained how i was feeling. she was great and i'm to pick up with her when i'm ready and on those topics I feel ready to work on. The big issue here is that she is giving her time, input, etc. free of charge so i feel under increased pressure to respond positively to suggestions even when i'm already feeling overwhelmed. she is being really patient with me.

yesterday i visited Mr L picking up veg and bananas and soup has been made and some consumed. this is something to try and stick with going forward. somedays it's just not feasible but it really is past time that i gave it a go.

we had one of OH's London based friends to stay for a few days last week. it really highlighted the need to keep on top of house stuff as there had to be the usual mad dash to get stuff done that created pressure and anxiety before he arrived. we will be having a lot more people round and/or staying in March so things really need sorted.
    Moneywise, there has been another small TT and OH just cashed out £20 from PA which is also going to reside in the joint account and may even end up with the mortgage. I can't be the only one worrying about possible mortgage increases can I?
    There is the possibility of me gaining another £250 cashback into my business account but this will require 30 transactions over the next month and i can only envisage 15 or thereabouts. i really need to get my thinking cap on!

On monday, I managed to offload two bags of stuff to a local charity and i also have things to go to the bay. the issue here is that it is OH's account and it would appear to take him hours to do each listing. is this normal?

I have decided that we need a new ipad. our very old one crashes so regularly that posting and comping are problematic. i need the discipline of regular posts and i'm down about £50 a year in payouts. I'm meeting two potential clients on Tuesday and have a tender to go in by month end. If I got this, I would have 3 years recurring work that would bring in £5k pa. Fingers crossed for this and I would get a new ipad.

this post is so disjointed so apologies to anyone trying to plough their way through it. i will go and ready myself for week 2 of the rugby. hopefully my wee team won't leave things as last minute as they did last week. not sure my nerves could stand it!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,641
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Also worrying about the mortgage rises.
    My fix is due to finish in September.
    I wont get another fix based on affardability.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Sorry that that client messed you about.
    I can never understand why people do this :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Keep plodding :)

• Lots going on INOD and client's behaviour is pants frankly. Keep going. You'll get to where you need to be. Take care.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,788
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sympathies over the cold/flu - it's a humdinger of a nasty, isn't it? Sorry to hear about the poor show from the former clients, too, though in the long run you are probably better off without them and it will free up your time for better contracts. Perhaps your Tuesday meeting will be productive and you can focus on that business.

While your counsellor is being patient with you, I think I hear a guilt trip going on as well! Yes, she's giving her time, but surely being overwhelmed is at the core of all this? So as a good counsellor she will see that there is only so much you can take on at any one time, and will stand back until you are ready for more. So don't feel guilty. :) This is about you and your position.

Re: cashback - I went through a phase of getting money out of the till and paying it back through the branch! Quite a faff but it did increase the amount paid into the account! Is there a variation on that which would enable you to have enough transactions?

Could you set up an account of your own for selling? I know you would take a while to get the positive feedback but unless your OH is happy to give you free rein with his account, that might save a lot of nagging! I'm afraid I'm like him, it takes me forever to list things.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22Toiletries used up 27/188.
  • Hope you’re feeling a lot better today inod and the lurgy is beginning to fade. And I agree 100% with what Cherry wrote about your counsellor

How maddening about the client!:mad: I’m pleased to hear that your doctor is sympathetic though - it makes such a difference.

Re the house guests due in March. Perhaps try some flylady crisis cleaning but over the period till they arrive rather than one day! I sympathise about the soup making as well. Sometimes I get in and I feel too washed out to slice even a carrot! Hence the take away fish and chips and detrimental effect on diet!:D

Keep positive - you’ll get there
    SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherry, you're right about the transactions, i just need to find the card and the pin. because i was afraid of overusing my business account when there was a lack of incoming funds, i hid the card and pin separately from myself. still, my office needs a good tidy out anyway.
    I have a friend who owes me money for concert tickets and who has asked for my bank details. i'm gonna give him the business account and then do a transfer to my personal account. that'll be 2 transactions, i just need to keep really good records!
    Today i have 2 work things to get done, ironing, the office and OH and I are going to a 2 hr dance class! I love dancing and he doesn't but we did one class about a month ago and he kinda enjoyed it. We recognise that we both need to move more and, for me, this is possibly the most enjoyable form of exercise. i spoke to Mr Wii this morning and he advises that i have lost 2lbs so i've updated the sig to show 1lb less than previously recorded. i think it was a bit of a fluke down to feeling unwell but i'm going to try and build upon it.
    there's also the usual stuff to get through including roasting various veg for use over the next few days. if i could shift another 4lbs in the next few weeks, i'd be a stone down in 6 months. however, i don't want to crash diet to achieve this as i know i'm just asking for trouble is I do that.
    anyhow, here endeth the whittering and the procrastination, as a well known brand of sports wear would advocate, i need to get on and Just Do It!
    Today I am grateful for
    weightloss
    a text from DS confirming he's safely at the airport to return from Oz
    a common understanding
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Dance class with OH sounds fun inod! Lovely to do something like this as a couple.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business