Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They don't seem to know what is happening I had to call them to find out why they haven't sent my first switch over reading to my old supplier.
    They said I haven't given them the reading as requested in the e mail they sent me,
    so I gave them the readings and a day later I got a request for my first readings.
    Lucky I had photos of my meter readings and had sent reading to my old supplier the day before and day of the switch over.

Lets see what happens now
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • billp42
    billp42 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Had an email on the 8th May saying that they were unable to collect the direct debit on the 1st May. I replied and told them that I had left them on the 22nd December last year and the last DD went on the 1st January. Their reply was that they would get back to me in 2 days - what do you know - they haven't. So glad I left Eversmart. They should add an N to the front of their name.

My advice to any of their customers - keep copies of all emails.
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm fed with eversmartenergy. No idea what is on my invoices, whether they are based on estimated or actual readings. I have changed tariffs with them and they have taken 3 payments from me between 27th April and 29th May. I have had to contact my bank to get one of the DD payments back. Eversmartenergy do not respond via any channels I have tried; email, facebook or twitter. I wouldn't recommend them. Who knows how long it will take them to close my original account and, hopefully, issue a final bill and refund. I can't even see my new account online, just my old one.
  • xxdiddiexx
    xxdiddiexx Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Goodness me!

I switched over to them this morning and I am thinking of cancelling it seeing as folk are having so many problems.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 May 2018 at 11:36AM
    Good news my former suppliers have produced final bills and refunds of £110 due back in about 10 days. The opening and closing reads agree with new supplier. However still unable to enter reads online.

I rang yesterday and they advised the engineers are looking into it. Personally I believe the real reason is because they are hoping we will switch to a smart meter and this would elevate the need for us to read the meter and they no doubt make good money from the installations.

BTW They are very efficient at setting up and collecting the dd payment.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I've recently joined Eversmart and was able to submit my gas reading okay last night, although for some reason my opening account reading isn't on the system.
  • CBX1985
    CBX1985 Posts: 27 Forumite
    They have finished my switch, and have actually been quite good - and I was very nervous about them at the sat. But the rates they were offering, on a fixed basis, were absurdly good - but those rates have gone now. Still seems quite cheap.

Their online site is dreadfully basic, but not something I really care about, and their call centre staff seem totally disinterested, but again, how often will you call them.

Having said this, feedback on all these companies appears poor and so wouldn't change simply because of what you have read. I'm now with them, as I say, there were no issues.
  • CBX1985
    CBX1985 Posts: 27 Forumite
    That happened to me. It appeared about two days later.
  • e.ol
    e.ol Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Absolutely clueless company. Yes the prices are cheap but it takes half an hour to talk to someone based in a back office in Manchester who have issues giving you their name or reference number.

Their welcome email incorrectly states that you must have a smart meter fitted as part of the change in supplier and when you phone their office, they tell you this has been incorrect for a while. Well change it then!! They also advise that you must change to 2020 as its illegal, utter nonsense from a company hoping to make money from referring its customers to the national grid. They also advise that you must contact them every four weeks with a reading if you do not have a smart meter fitted or other charges may apply. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    e.ol wrote: »
    Absolutely clueless company. Yes the prices are cheap but it takes half an hour to talk to someone based in a back office in Manchester who have issues giving you their name or reference number.

Their welcome email incorrectly states that you must have a smart meter fitted as part of the change in supplier and when you phone their office, they tell you this has been incorrect for a while. Well change it then!! They also advise that you must change to 2020 as its illegal, utter nonsense from a company hoping to make money from referring its customers to the national grid. They also advise that you must contact them every four weeks with a reading if you do not have a smart meter fitted or other charges may apply. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

I have been with them for 9 months or so now and only ever had one request for a meter reading (not including the opening reading). I don’t have a smart meter and their terms and conditions made no mention of the requirement to provide readings every four weeks so they won’t be able to make additional charges for not doing so. Maybe their terms for more recent customers are different?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure