Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    put your flight details into Euclaim and bottonline they will have a good idea if you are due 2 lots of compensation.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    akamez wrote: »
    Hi,

We had a delayed flight on easyjet from Malaga to LGW, we were delayed for about 20h and at some point they changed the plane, and the flight numbers, we also got new boarding passes, the second flight was again delayed for about 5 hours.
    They kept insisting that the flight was delayed and not cancelled. But since it was two separate boarding passes it looks like it was cancelled and a new flight arranged.

Can we claim for two separate flights?

From the Easyjet website you can only enter one reference number for the original flight, which will cover only one.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!

If you can post your original and replacement full flight details we may be able to shed some light on the issue.

A different aircraft and boarding pass does not necessarily mean it was not the same delayed flight. Sometimes the airline has to send out a recovery flight to repatriate everyone when an aircraft goes tec.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hi

I had an EC261 claim rejected by EasyJet and referred this to CEDR. CEDR wont accept the referral without a deadlock letter from EasyJet.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this letter for EasyJet. The email rejecting the claim is a "do not reply" address. I can't find anyway of contracting them to ask (other than twitter which is hopeless) and its not been forthcoming from the airline (the claim was originally rejected in July).

Thanks

P
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just wait 8 weks from last easyjet response then you shouldn't ned a deadlock leter.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi Tyzap,,

Thank you for your answer!

Here are the flight details

EZY8610 30/07/2019 at 20:45, then we got a replacement flight next day
    EZY9610 31/07/2019 at 14:50, it was then 6h late

easyJet 9610
    EZY9610 / U29610
    Upgrade account to see tail number
    LANDED OVER 3 WEEKS AGO
    AGP
    MALAGA, SPAIN
    LGW
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    took off from
    Malaga - AGP
    landed at
    London Gatwick - LGW
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    09:04PM CEST
    (6 hours 14 minutes late)
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    10:24PM BST

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It looks as though your flight was originally technically delayed, not cancelled.
    Then the replacement flight was delayed. The flight number is not a regular flight number code. Its an adhoc one applied to the replacement flight.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    akamez wrote: »
    Hi Tyzap,,

Thank you for your answer!

Here are the flight details

EZY8610 30/07/2019 at 20:45, then we got a replacement flight next day
    EZY9610 31/07/2019 at 14:50, it was then 6h late

easyJet 9610
    EZY9610 / U29610
    Upgrade account to see tail number
    LANDED OVER 3 WEEKS AGO
    AGP
    MALAGA, SPAIN
    LGW
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    took off from
    Malaga - AGP
    landed at
    London Gatwick - LGW
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    09:04PM CEST
    (6 hours 14 minutes late)
    WEDNESDAY 31-JUL-2019
    10:24PM BST

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth

As JP says, it looks like the 2nd flight may have been a rescue or repatriation flight put on due the the first aircraft breaking down.

If this is the case it would mean only one set of compensation as it is all one continuous delay.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Rjones
    Rjones Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi,

Was due to fly from Bristol to Edinburgh Thursday 22nd August at 7am, checked in through security and boarded the plane, only to be seated, waiting 40minutes and then being told the plane was unfit to fly and we had to wait for another plane...that would have us set off at 11am instead of 7am. Can I claim compensation on this and does anyone know roughly how much?
    I've read various details online that say around £230 per person per flight - since I was flying with my partner.

Return flight; Due to leave Edinburgh on Sunday at 7pm, flight was delayed and then the staff had overworked their hours and we had to wait for a team to come in from Glasgow, ended up leaving at 11pm instead of 7pm. Can I claim for this too? and if so how much would we be entitled too?
  • Tyzap
    Rjones wrote: »
    Hi,

Was due to fly from Bristol to Edinburgh Thursday 22nd August at 7am, checked in through security and boarded the plane, only to be seated, waiting 40minutes and then being told the plane was unfit to fly and we had to wait for another plane...that would have us set off at 11am instead of 7am. Can I claim compensation on this and does anyone know roughly how much?
    I've read various details online that say around £230 per person per flight - since I was flying with my partner.

Return flight; Due to leave Edinburgh on Sunday at 7pm, flight was delayed and then the staff had overworked their hours and we had to wait for a team to come in from Glasgow, ended up leaving at 11pm instead of 7pm. Can I claim for this too? and if so how much would we be entitled too?

From what you say both are claimable at €250 per person, per flight.

Claim via the Easyjet website and expect at least one knock-back, it's the norm, so let us know how the claim goes.

Good luck.
  • I had some fun with Easyjet this Monday the 19th. I was supposed to fly with my father-in-law back from Hamburg to Gatwick.
    We were already 40 min in on our way to Hamburg when I received a notification that the flight U28343 at 21:45 was cancelled.
    I called easyjet in Germany and they told me that they could only book me on the flight 24 hours later. I told him that according to EU regulation they would need to try to reroute me on a different carrier. He denied that this is the case. I then agreed to be booked onto the flight the following day as I was worried that that flight might be fully booked soon.

We then started to drive back to where we stayed in Germany. 5 Min later I got a call from Easyjet. The same guy again. He told me that there is only one seat left on the flight 24 hours later and he could only book us on the flight 48 hours later.

I told him again that they need to reroute me via a different carrier. He denied that they have to do it. I then asked him to give me in writing that easyjet is refusing to reroute me with a different carrier. He refused this request. I then told him that I will start to record the call but he objected to that. I then ended the conversation.

Once I had internet connection again I searched for alternative options. The problem was that we had to leave that day as my father-in-law has a multi-entry Schengen Visa with 10 days and all those days are fully planned. If we would leave too late he might be refused on the last (fully booked and paid for) trip we've planned (he is doing 3 trips in total).
    I found a flight with Ryain Air from Bremen to Stansted that night at 21:45. That cost us £235 for the flight and another £110 for the taxi from Stansted to Gatwick (we live close to Gatwick). Easyjet told us the cancellation was due to Air Traffic control issues - so they don't need to pay the €250 compensation. But can I claim the extra costs from them given that they refused to reroute me with a different carrier and we would have had to wait 48 hours for the next flight?

What is the best way forward?

Thanks for your help.
    iben - looks like those late flights from Hamburg to Gatwick are frequently cancelled (i've set up an account to ask regarding cancelled flight from the 9th August), so i would challenge EasyJet's excuse regarding Traffic Control issues.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback