~Make upto £10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so carbootcrazy asked for some mini challenges for this month.

what would people like?

I haven't sorted out last month's ebay challenge yet, I need to catch up with that.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »

what would people like?

I haven't sorted out last month's ebay challenge yet, I need to catch up with that.
    Difficult one that ! I think it might be nice to have something more inclusive so everyone can have a punt not just those on bay of everything selling.

It might be helpful to look at ways of saving monies - same as making after all - but brains cells seem a bit low on output atm :rotfl: I'll definitely have a think when/whilst I have a sleep :D

I forgot to add my interest today of £11.31 so I'll do that NOW
    Night all
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

what would people like?

How about everyone has to try something moneymaking they've not done before?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Or everyone that wants to participate spends up to a certain (paltry) amount on something in a charity shop (or a car boot) and see who can make the most profit flogging it on the bay of e or FB?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Aesop
    Options
    #2 Referral Board

I was on it earlier looking for something and spotted a referral for a thread for something that I ALREADY do. It hadn't occurred to me to post my referral on there!

I know you may only get one, but one is one more than 0. Also if you are on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, don't forget to post your referrals there too. You will be surprised who signs up.

I know a few ladies who post their referrals in Facebook selling groups and they get quite a few people signing up and making them money! :eek:

so get your referrals out there!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
  • Aesop
    edited 3 March 2018 at 9:21PM
    Options
    #3 Swagbucks

This is a very popular site with moneymakers everywhere. The site is based in the US but there is a UK version. We get daily challenges which if you achieve gives you bonus swagbucks the next month.

You can watch videos, play games, run apps that have videos, complete surveys and sign up for offers. You can even shop online and earn swagbucks ;) I use it for argos. I reserve and collect, after clicking through swagbucks shop and then a month later, I get my swagbucks for shopping at argos.

You can cash out for paypal uk or amazon vouchers uk, plus other vouchers, like M&S, New Look, etc. Make sure you select UK or if you are in US, leave as amazon.com.

I usually cash out £5 but you can cash out at more. There are also £3 amazon vouchers available.

If you follow swagbucks on twitter or facebook, they have competitions and bonus swagbuck codes.

But there is a dedicated swagbuck thread so you don't miss out on codes, although they are usually only valid for an hour.

Swagbucks thread for help

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5439334&highlight=swagbucks

Swagbucks code thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5067514&highlight=swagbucks

REFERRAL THREAD FOR SIGNING UP FOR SWAGBUCKS. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR OWN REFERRAL

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1406969
  • Aesop
    Options
    Ok, taking on board Lynne's comments about making an all inclusive challenge that doesn't involve selling......

I quite like this - one of Martin's posts....something we can all do and shouldn't cost us the earth..... probably an email or the price of a stamp.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/reclaim-lost-assets-free

http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/aboutus.htm

so before you all tell me, I don't have lost accounts, I have claimed all my bank/building society/savings accounts.....

Humour me. Give this a go. You can either download and print off the forms and post, or complete and send on line.

I did this years ago and found a santander (formerly Abbey National) account I used to have and had forgotten all about... it only had a small amount in it, but hey it was lost money! I also found an account one of my sister's had forgotten about. We share the same initials and the bank sent the letter with just the initial. My dad told me it was for me.. it wasn't. It was for my sister.

Anyhow, let's all have a go and see what results if any we achieve!
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carbootcrazy I have some Christmas items I hope may sell at a car boot now! Only mugs I think (can't remember!) so I'm hoping braving the cold might prove worthwhile, I'm also adding stuff that has been on eBay or Facebook and hasn't sold for weeks on end.

I can add £3.19 today after a friend gave me that for car parking and two scoops of ice cream - sounds random I know.

Actually I was on a date and he showed me round Lidl - Hahahaha- I know how to live!

Good luck all.
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, taking on board Lynne's comments about making an all inclusive challenge that doesn't involve selling......

I quite like this - one of Martin's posts....something we can all do and shouldn't cost us the earth..... probably an email or the price of a stamp.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/reclaim-lost-assets-free

http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/aboutus.htm

so before you all tell me, I don't have lost accounts, I have claimed all my bank/building society/savings accounts.....

Humour me. Give this a go. You can either download and print off the forms and post, or complete and send on line.

I did this years ago and found a santander (formerly Abbey National) account I used to have and had forgotten all about... it only had a small amount in it, but hey it was lost money! I also found an account one of my sister's had forgotten about. We share the same initials and the bank sent the letter with just the initial. My dad told me it was for me.. it wasn't. It was for my sister.

Anyhow, let's all have a go and see what results if any we achieve!

What a brilliant idea. I did my own version of this some years ago now. It was so good to get on top of things, I had little accounts that had never been closed and had very small amounts in them.

This is similar to checking out old pensions as well. There is a piece from MSE here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/protect/2014/05/do-you-have-a-lost-pension-get-hunting-one-moneysaver-found-39000

I'm waiting to hear how much I have in a pension from 1996. I've since found paperwork from 2010 that says it was worth £1240 then - fingers crossed it's an encouraging amount I can take out and it's a straightforward process.
  • fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me please again. I'm aiming still for £10 a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure