NowTV box

Comments

• they are on quidco to wich is very nice.
  • 1005922 wrote: »
    Still available on their website for £9.99 so not sure why you can't find it?

NOW TV
    Yes I~ saw it and for quite some time whenever I clicked on Buy it it said out of stock.
    Today it finally became available again so I've ordered it
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • Well I've had the entertainment pass over a couple of months in which I'd seen everything I could want to see. The rest wasn't to my taste at all
    Then I tried the month movie trial aand saw pretty well all that I hadn't seen already.
    To be honest I find the choice of films very run of the mill mainstream films and I hate the way you have to click through so many to find something new. Then each time you have to click through the whole lot again which seems to take forever.
    Now I just use it for all the catchup channels and you tube. Theres always plenty there to keep me going
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • Just cancelled NowTV after about a year of having it. My latest offer was £5.99 a month but when cancelling the best they offered was £7.99 so I've cancelled. Just wondered if anyone had received a better offer after doing this?
  • 10pence
    10pence Posts: 348 Forumite
    Wasn't too sure where to place this, sorry if wrong.

Just want options as quite miffed by this.

Situation is this; currently with Sky for b'band at £10/m (line rental is £16/m), picked up a NowTV box for Xmas, it came with 2 months movie code (normally £10/m), paid £7 for entertainment package.

Visited Sky site yesterday and noticed following deal for NowTV package: Sky b'band + NowTV with movie and entertainment for £15/m (LINK).

Rang Sky to confirm deal and was told as a loyal customer it will be £17.50/m. When questioned why it was £2.50/m more expensive for existing customer got no response apart from that's the price take it or leave it.

I know at this price still making saving over paying for NowTV separately but why should I be penalised for being an existing loyal customer? I just want the deal offered online.

Any advice or tips welcome? Thanks.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2014 at 1:48PM
    10pence wrote: »
    ...why should I be penalised for being an existing loyal customer? I just want the deal offered online.....
    There is no deal offered online for existing customers!

The ad you linked to tells existing bb customers what to do to get a deal (ring them)
  • When I cancelled my Sky tv in November I was told my broadband would go up to £10 a month, I complained that it was expensive so I would be moving to Talktalk at £4.50 a month.

I was then offered broadband free for a year if I signed up for line rental for another 12 months, they also let me keep the Sky+ button for my TV, so for £21 got phone line anytime call package unlimited broadband and Sky+ button.

I would ring them back and say Sky is too expensive and you are moving to Talk talk see what they come up with
  • 10pence
    10pence Posts: 348 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies.

Contacted Sky, explained the situation, got transferred to retentions who worked their magic and managed to get me the deal.

Only issue is having already activated NowTV, it clashes with the new Sky deal, so this is in process of being resolved. Will keep you udpated.

One thing they did say at Sky was you use to be charged a £2.50/m premium for having only broadband, this allegedly has been abolished. So if you only have Sky b'band ring and get it removed.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    10pence wrote: »
    One thing they did say at Sky was you use to be charged a £2.50/m premium for having only broadband, this allegedly has been abolished. So if you only have Sky b'band ring and get it removed.

Allegedly being the correct word.

Sky BB is £15pm. If you have Sky Line rental you get a £5pm discount and if you have Sky TV you have a £2.50pm discount. So having both Line Rental and TV will bring your BB down to £7.50pm.
  • Sky broadband is being heavily promoted on Tv and in press as free when you take line rental, so threaten to leave if they don't give it to you for free,
    yes you have to sign up for 12 months but BT tie you in for 18 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure