No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2018

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,819
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    maddiemay wrote: »
    7ml Clarins Raspberry Lip Oil

I almost succumbed to buying Q's TSV of the Revitalash products, I use the eye lash one and wanted to try the one for brows as mine are rather sparse now, but the reports mentioned brows growing very dark and that would look so odd on me, that I changed my mind so No Buy is intact so far.:D

One of the YouTubers I watch absolutely raves about these lip oils.

I nearly succumbed to a purchase yesterday too. Firstly, I'll report another UU: 100ml pot of Elemis Pro Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream. WDBA. Also, Emma was using it whilst home and her skin has improved massively (as well as not eating dairy for a week). Saw Keeley on QVC last night saying that it is good for hormonal skin so wouldn't mind repurchasing for her.

So, elemis.com have an offer on at the mo that if you spend over £80 you can claim either a free 30ml pot of PCMC or the above mentioned night cream. I pondered on this and was thinking of ordering a Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser, Tan Accelerator and Sensitive Shave Gel however I would not have spent £80.00 and was reluctant to find a "filler" to qualify for the deal. Mentioned the deal to MRM who said what's the point when you can buy the cream from QVSell? He's right of course and none of the above mentioned products are needed at this time either (plus Emma had bought herself the Tan Accelerator) so I have "walked away".

I, myself, don't need any other night cream at the mo as I still have some in stash. Will need to consult my list later for numbers.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Forumite
    1 more UU and INs to report:-

UU: 500ml Luz Earle Irange Flower body wash. I like this but only buy it in kits. Have another in stash (200ml). In total I have 14 full sized and 13 travel sized. I'm going to separate the two and count this as 1/14.

10 items UU in total so far.

Someone on QVSELL was selling 2 x 39ml pots of Elemis Oxygenating Night Cream for £20 each so I have bought them for Emma. Won't be stashed items for me so don't consider I have broken my No Buy. I am however keeping a note of money "saved" and spent so will record this purchase.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    VALM wrote: »
    Someone on QVSELL was selling 2 x 39ml pots of Elemis Oxygenating Night Cream for £20 each so I have bought them for Emma. Won't be stashed items for me so don't consider I have broken my No Buy. I am however keeping a note of money "saved" and spent so will record this purchase.

Are QVSell something to do with QVC? I haven't heard of them and Google isn't helping....
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    Forumite
    kadison wrote: »
    Are QVSell something to do with QVC? I haven't heard of them and Google isn't helping....

It's a Facebook group. People sell items they have bought from QVC. Each beauty TSV is listed and a fair pricing policy applied to each product so that no one is making a profit on sale but helps people get rid of kit items they didn't want. For each TSV there is a for sale list, wanted list and swaps offered list.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's a Facebook group. People sell items they have bought from QVC. Each beauty TSV is listed and a fair pricing policy applied to each product so that no one is making a profit on sale but helps people get rid of kit items they didn't want. For each TSV there is a for sale list, wanted list and swaps offered list.

I have joined, but as I haven't needed anything and not allowing myself to buy wants, I have not used it yet, but will look there first when the time is right:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    Forumite
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I have joined, but as I haven't needed anything and not allowing myself to buy wants, I have not used it yet, but will look there first when the time is right:D

I love using it as it has stopped me buying whole kits for the sake of one or two items. Plus it's helping someone else to get rid of products they don't want. Haven't had a bad experience yet (fingers crossed) however I always pay via Goods and Servicss on PayPal.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Forumite
    Repainted my nails last night and am wearing OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons with Zoya Pixie Dust Lux on top. Very pleased with it. Am panning the OPI one as I have 2 bottles so it's my go to Nude.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    VALM/Maddiemay - well done on resisting buying.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite

Joined, thank you! Might use it to get rid of some of my unwanted Liz Earle!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    A small UU - Deluxe Sample of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This is a nice product. I did use before going to bed and it absorbs well. I got a lot of use out of this one sample (2ml) and I have around 10 more of the same. I'm not sure if I'd buy the full size as I'm not keen on facial oils that much and my skin is not really dry. However, this gets good reviews. I believe also not very expensive.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport