Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    With HSBC you'd got to show you could put in £1750 each month.
    ...or £10,500 every 6 months. :)
    With Nat West its a one of £1500.

That's ONCE!
    HSBC's is also "once" if you took the second eligibility option. :)

I do agree, however, that behind the scenes they were very selective on income requirements.
  • Bobblehat: You're looking at the wrong account, those terms are for the REWARD account, you need to choose the SELECT account that doesn't have a monthly minimum pay in.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Bullet point 4 and the Stat's Box, of the NW offer on MSE's Best Bank Account page clearly states a minimum of £1500 per month ..... has MSE got it wrong or are we talking cross-purposes? Go check it out.

I'd love it to be a one-off too!

Has anyone done an on-line application and can give me any ideas if they ask your monthly income?
    You're falling into the trap of reading MSE info and not that of the provider!

Online you're asked for your total monthly income AFTER tax, and you can include savings interest, pension, investments, etc, etc, as well as salary.
  • ...or £10,500 every 6 months. :)HSBC's is also "once" if you took the second eligibility option. :)

I do agree, however, that behind the scenes they were very selective on income requirements.

They turned me down. I'm going to try again when I get my pension rise in April but don't hold out much hope. The Nat West application went through like a summer breeze.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    That's brilliant folks .... thank you all for the effort of replying to me ...... and for pointing out me missing the "SELECT" account option ....sounds perfect!

I'm going to dive in and see if I get one.

:beer:
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Well ... the application went through OK ..... got to wait and see, as no instant account opening for me!
  • central
    central Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    schiff wrote: »
    I remember wincing at Martin's attitude some time ago when highlighting a new credit card. Take it out, buy a banana, get the reward and cancel the card. That is possibly more ruthless than anything else he has said.

While I'm sure the proposed action above will go OK, it still seems a bit 'not nice'. We expect a fair attitude from banks etc. Maybe I'm too soft, not that that has got in the way of getting most rewards along the way!

I take your point, but mmm are banks always nice?

A friend's (yes honestly) son is being charged £6 a day by Nationwide on a £160 overdraft - not very fair or nice I would say. And the B account is pants imho anyway :-)
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My switch date was 8th November, and the following payments have been made:

£1.65 in from my switch on 8 November
    £1,000 in on 10 November
    £1,004 in on 8 December
    £1,009 in on 29 December

2 x direct debits have paid on 9 Nov and 11 Dec...

I’ve had no email yet, and no bonus. I haven’t bothered calling to see if I’ve met the criteria as I figure it’s too late now anyway to fix, but do you guys think I’ve missed something?!

(I know they’ve technically got until next Wednesday to pay, but other 8th Nov switchers seem to have theirs!)
  • SuperHan wrote: »
    My switch date was 8th November, and the following payments have been made:

£1.65 in from my switch on 8 November
    £1,000 in on 10 November
    £1,004 in on 8 December
    £1,009 in on 29 December

2 x direct debits have paid on 9 Nov and 11 Dec...

I’ve had no email yet, and no bonus. I haven’t bothered calling to see if I’ve met the criteria as I figure it’s too late now anyway to fix, but do you guys think I’ve missed something?!

(I know they’ve technically got until next Wednesday to pay, but other 8th Nov switchers seem to have theirs!)
    I’m a 8th Nov switcher too and haven’t received the incentive as yet. I actually over met the requirements, so are confident I should get the payment. They do have until day 70 I suppose, but hopefully it may happen today. The B accounts text alerts happen within seconds, so I’ll know immediately it hits my account.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 January 2018 at 12:38PM
    That's brilliant folks .... thank you all for the effort of replying to me ...... and for pointing out me missing the "SELECT" account option ....sounds perfect!

I'm going to dive in and see if I get one.

:beer:

Great:)
    Well ... the application went through OK ..... got to wait and see, as no instant account opening for me!

Mine went instantly but I've been asked to upload photo ID which either they or I am struggling with. I'm waiting for acceptance/rejection of my second upload attempt made yesterday 17.21.

Just an aside, HSBC (and First Direct) are known to be particularly choosy about who they accept as customers. Don't let that put you off others though;)

PS @ Bobblehat
    This discussion is probably better kept to Natwest £125 offer thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family