Alternative to First Direct Internet Banking Plus on Mac

Hi there, I have recently moved from PC to Mac and found that the really useful First Direct Internet Banking Plus service which allows me to view and login to all my bank accounts does not work on a Mac! ( in the past I used the Egg money manager until that was discontinued)

Are there any alternatives, that will save me manually logging in to multiple bank accounts.

As an aside, I have seen some online aggregation services, but for me, the most useful part is being able to login with one click to multiple banks - and the aggregators did not seem to offer that.

thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    trent wrote: »
    Hi there, I have recently moved from PC to Mac and found that the really useful First Direct Internet Banking Plus service which allows me to view and login to all my bank accounts does not work on a Mac! ( in the past I used the Egg money manager until that was discontinued)

Are there any alternatives, that will save me manually logging in to multiple bank accounts.

As an aside, I have seen some online aggregation services, but for me, the most useful part is being able to login with one click to multiple banks - and the aggregators did not seem to offer that.

thanks

What do you mean it does not work on the Mac?

Is it a program that is downloaded onto PC or is it web based and does not work on the safari web browser. If it’s the latter then why not use google chrome browser?
  • djohnst
    djohnst Posts: 39 Forumite
    I can confirm - Internet Banking Plus is an ActiveX web application so only works on Internet Explorer.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    djohnst wrote: »
    I can confirm - Internet Banking Plus is an ActiveX web application so only works on Internet Explorer.

Sorry that’s me stumped.

Unsure why companies still design there online presence without making it compatible with safari or at least google chrome browser, very backward thinking.

Hope someone else can help you!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    First Direct are a pain already without them trying to add more :)

I mistyped by security question, 1 character slipped. It forced me to create a new security question. Thats daft. 1 slip and you have to change it?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    First Direct are a pain already without them trying to add more :)

I mistyped by security question, 1 character slipped. It forced me to create a new security question. Thats daft. 1 slip and you have to change it?

I'm sorry but you mistyped your message.

Please create a new message...........:p
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Yes, the technology active x is only on Internet Explorer and so doesn’t work on a Mac.
    It seems strange to build software that is not compatible across devices... but that is how it is.

Has anyone used any software programs that will aggregate different bank accounts and also allow you to login to the various banks automatically ?

This seems to be the one thing I can’t resolve so far on my PC to Mac journey.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    You could always run a Windows Emulator on the Mac.

That's what I did when I tried a mac for a while, before switching back to a PC!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    Forumite
    Mr_Toad wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you mistyped your message.

Please create a new message...........:p

See why its a big issue for me :) One mistryped charactar amd i havv to reset mt parsword orr sekuritty quistion again :)
    :D
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,611
    Forumite
    trent wrote: »
    You should be complaining to First Direct that they will only let you use outdated web browsers (which only work on a particular system so alienating everyone that prefers to use a different one) that are becoming security risks. They should let you use modern browsers that adhere to standards so you can use any one on any type of system.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 12:39PM
    wongataa wrote: »
    You should be complaining to First Direct that they will only let you use outdated web browsers (which only work on a particular system so alienating everyone that prefers to use a different one) that are becoming security risks. They should let you use modern browsers that adhere to standards so you can use any one on any type of system.

You can use the very latest version of IE on a PC running Windows.

You should complain to Apple that they don't support Active X.

Or complain to Android that they don't support iTunes.

Apple's share of the "PC" market is shrinking, and is now just over 7%. I can understand businesses not spending money developing apps for a small minority. Especially in the case of First Direct Internet Banking Plus which is free for anyone to use - you don't even have to be a FD customer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure