NowTV box

Options

Comments

• VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Sky go is where Sky B]Satellite[/B customers can watch stuff on the go.

Sorry for the amendment, but your comment makes sense now.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find the content on Now TV is better than Netflix and Amazon.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

I have a white NowTV box which I last used a couple of years ago. I have a day pass for sports and decided to use it to watch the cricket today but can't work out how to view the Sky channels. It will let me watch Sky Sports News HQ but I can't see any actual Sky Sports Channels.

I am able to watch the cricket on my laptop so there's no problem with the account.

There is a Sky Store app and maybe I access the sports channels that way but I repeatedly get error 00003. I've tried unplugging the box and pushing a paper clip into the reset hole thingimy but the error persists.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

I have a white NowTV box which I last used a couple of years ago. I have a day pass for sports and decided to use it to watch the cricket today but can't work out how to view the Sky channels. It will let me watch Sky Sports News HQ but I can't see any actual Sky Sports Channels.

I am able to watch the cricket on my laptop so there's no problem with the account.

There is a Sky Store app and maybe I access the sports channels that way but I repeatedly get error 00003. I've tried unplugging the box and pushing a paper clip into the reset hole thingimy but the error persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem solved. I found a factory reset option in one of the menus and it's now all back working.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    boliston wrote: »
    It's about time sky offered a fully internet based service that does not rely on a dish.

NOW TV seems like a quite cut down version of sky and it cannot record.

I can't really see any advantage of feeding content over a dish vs over a fibre internet connection.

Also it is good for people who have leases that ban a dish but with a faulty communal dish that nobody has any interest in fixing any time soon.

News is, Sky are doing that next year.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/sky-scraps-satellite-dishes-fight-123554298.html
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    All those dish installers going to be out of jobs.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All those dish installers going to be out of jobs.

and I will be glad to see no more of those unsightly dishes :T
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    and I will be glad to see no more of those unsightly dishes :T

Must Sky dish installers are crap anyway. Very crappy workmanship with where they put the dish and run the cables etc.
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a new contract with Vodafone and have a choice between 12m subscription to now tv or spotify. I am leaning towards the latter as now tv doesn't look to be anything special v what I already have (Netflix, sky and freeview) - anyone used it and able to offer their thoughts?
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have all of them, if you enjoy music then go for Spotify {if you have or get the Amazon Echo or dot then you can connect the two}
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure