Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Just posted an emial to see if anyone else's heard when the findmethecheapest search engine is coming.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    keggs, I see you've changed your tune on comparison sites then.
  • keggs
    Only where the UW is concerned. I trust them. I don't trust anyone else. I rarely use comparison sites so haven't a clue what you mean really.

As far as Quidco is concerned I was relaying information to upto who I understands uses such sites. So if he does he can get twice the cash back. I have heard though that Quidco don't always do what they say they do but as I have never used the site, I wouldn't know.
  • keggs wrote: »
    Just posted an emial to see if anyone else's heard when the findmethecheapest search engine is coming.
    It's now up and running.
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • It's now up and running.

Are you not supposed to declare you are a UW distributor Mike.;)
  • Are you not supposed to declare you are a UW distributor Mike.;)

Hi jelly

Not all the time apparently, as it was removed from my signature ages ago. I tend to do it from time to time on this thread and add it when relevant on other threads.

Mike

PS I am a UW ID :)
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • keggs
    Hi upto

It is fast. I tried it out yesterday for myself. Yes it does pick up a lot of extraneous stuff but it mentions that i the instructions at the bottom. I like the info about what cashback you get etc.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    All this "cashback" has got to come from somewhere - I guess it must be out of the dosh you pay for the goods that qualify you for the cashback. I'd rather buy at a cheaper price elsewhere TBH.

Or perhaps they are printing the blasted stuff?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    So of no real tangible benefit to the consumer at all. Its marketing hype to generate cash for someone who could easily be cut out of the loop in the supply chain because you are persuaded to believe there is a benefit for you. These cashback sites don't do it for love surely so why feed them?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • keggs
    keystone wrote: »
    So of no real tangible benefit to the consumer at all. Its marketing hype to generate cash for someone who could easily be cut out of the loop in the supply chain because you are persuaded to believe there is a benefit for you. These cashback sites don't do it for love surely so why feed them?

Cheers

Cashback sites are one of the many ways of marketing in the same vein as 2 for the price of one.

UW obviously feel that by partnering with stores using this marketing technique it will encourage more and more people to join its club. The fact that both the business and residential clubs have accelerated their membership the cashback card may be one reason.

You might not think there is a benefit to cashback sites but others seem to thing they do provide one. One particular person who regularly attacks the UW certainly thinks Quidco is a useful web site and offers customers benefits.

I proffered information to a member of the UW club suggesting that he could get double cashback. Personally, I think that is useful to know.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback