Car enthusiasts, are they oddballs?

Comments

• fred990
    fred990 Posts: 379
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hilarious.
    You don't like being answered back do you?

Maybe I'm meant to defer to your great forum status.

Why couldn't you just do the 0.0001% rich people thing as a first reply? It would be an opinion not a fact but who could argue? Others made interesting comments abot old/new money, footballers, demographics, regions (I think), event cultural.

So just to be clear:
    1. Exactly which part(s) do you 'suspect' that I 'added in to suit the story'?
    2. Give your evidence/facts to support this.

Don't worry about my height/chips and so on or going of on tangents or others jumping in just stick to the first principle you made of me making stuff up.
    Funnily, i've been pondering a small Caddy sized van to facilitate a side project i'm going to work on. I havent seen much movement yet, but in theory markets like pickups and vans are likely to be hit by the upcoming downturn.
    Would be interesting to hear if anyone has direct experience?

Why? So you can argue with them?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fred990 wrote: »
    Hilarious.
    You don't like being answered back do you?

Maybe I'm meant to defer to your great forum status.

Why couldn't you just do the 0.0001% rich people thing as a first reply? It would be an opinion not a fact but who could argue? Others made interesting comments abot old/new money, footballers, demographics, regions (I think), event cultural.

So just to be clear:
    1. Exactly which part(s) do you 'suspect' that I 'added in to suit the story'?
    2. Give your evidence/facts to support this.

Don't worry about my height/chips and so on or going of on tangents or others jumping in just stick to the first principle you made of me making stuff up.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Someone posted something that wound you up.

Get over it buddy. We do with your posts.
  • fred990
    Forumite
    Naw......just anyone who lives/works in London and is obsessive about 20 mph speed limits and limiting the replies to women only.
    Haha, it's all tongue in cheek stuff and not meant to be taken too seriously. I'm trying to get my head around the car 'thing' because it causes so many polarised heated debates (arguments) on London radio phone-ins.
    Real 'us & them' stuff, cars vs bikes vs lorries vs taxis vs pedestrians et al.
    Funnily, i've been pondering a small Caddy sized van to facilitate a side project i'm going to work on. I havent seen much movement yet, but in theory markets like pickups and vans are likely to be hit by the upcoming downturn.

• fred990
    Forumite
    motorguy wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo hoo.

Someone posted something that wound you up.

Get over it buddy. We have to with your posts.

So are you going to answer my questions or not?

• motorguy
    Forumite
    So are you going to answer my questions or not?

Why would i waste my time?

Good to see i can get to you though. :beer:
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Haha, it's all tongue in cheek stuff and not meant to be taken too seriously. I'm trying to get my head around the car 'thing' because it causes so many polarised heated debates (arguments) on London radio phone-ins.
    Real 'us & them' stuff, cars vs bikes vs lorries vs taxis vs pedestrians et al.

You're a wind up merchant - deliberately posting antagonistic comments to get a reaction - of the same vein as westernpromise.
  • fred990
    Forumite
    Why would i waste my time?

Good to see i can get to you though. :beer:
    Why? Well it'll only take you a few seconds surely? You must have/know the answer?

You haven't 'got to me', far from it. If I start trawling through your old posts and quoting them then you might have a point!

• motorguy
    Forumite

You haven't 'got to me', far from it.

Yeah its not like you've been festering for a month about my comment. :rotfl:

And this thread hasnt exactly went as you hoped has it?

I've rattled your cage and we've derailed your antagonistic thread.

My work here is done. :T

'night. ;)
  • fred990
    Forumite
    You're a wind up merchant - deliberately posting antagonistic comments to get a reaction - of the same vein as westernpromise.
    In your opinion of course.....

Just because some of us don't 'get' the quasi-religious cult of car worship don't get all butt hurt about it. It's a genuine wonder? Am I missing something?

I agree on reflection some of my 'enquiries' are a bit clumsy (one finger typing in front of the tv and not proof reading!), but so do others. The audi driver thing was a classic, my next car will almost certainly be an audi, bothered? No.

• fred990
    Forumite
    Yeah its not like you've been festering for a month about my comment. :rotfl:

And this thread hasnt exactly went as you hoped has it?

I've rattled your cage and we've derailed your antagonistic thread.

My work here is done. :T

'night. ;)

How about just typing the answer?

You've wasted more time going off on tangents!
    :rotfl:,now look what you made me do......

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport