Bournville - sounds a real blast from the past :D

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend you've had! I love Bournville too, and you are allowed extra calories: they don't count on Mother's Day or your birthday either.

If the money for something to wear goes into savings then it could be an emergency fund for when you need something particular to wear?!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a lovely day One broke Lady :A

Bournville - sounds a real blast from the past :D

Sam x
    Thanks,it certainly is a blast from the past :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend you've had! I love Bournville too, and you are allowed extra calories: they don't count on Mother's Day or your birthday either.

If the money for something to wear goes into savings then it could be an emergency fund for when you need something particular to wear?!

I has been a great weekend :)
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 15 March 2018 at 11:31PM
    Options
    I havent posted for a few days because Ive been manically busy with work family and life in general,all is quiet on the DMP front so there is nothing new to report there,I got a letter today confirming that my second savings account is now up and running, this is for my Xmas savings and Ive started it off with £50 which Im very happy about,all my bills should have been paid now so Im going to check my account at the weekend to see the state of play then if there is any spare cash it will be transferred into my savings account,Im not sure which one yet, the emergency fund is going to be building up with money from DDs boyfriend so if there is anything left in the bank I might put it in the Xmas fund as money going to this will vary depending on how much I earn each month
    In other news I finally got back to have a riding lesson today,I went back to riding two years ago in April after a break of 30 years
    When I was 18 I owned my own horse but sold him when I left home as I couldnt afford to keep him,Ive never been in a position to buy another horse since and because Ive been quite ill with this chronic pain I thought riding was out of my reach,then I discovered my local riding school did a ladies morning, where you go along and have a lesson then after we have tea and cake and a natter,the ladies morning gradually dwindled to just me and one other lady who helps out at the stables,so now I also help out at the stables,so on Thursday I go up in the morning and help to muck out the horses then I get my horse who I ride every week ready and have a lesson then the lady who owns the riding school,myself and the other helper sit and have cake and coffee. I love it up there,I get to be outside in the fresh air getting some exercise and I get to ride. I do suffer with episodes of depression and riding once a week is my therapy :)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The riding is such a good idea... I had a few lessons when I was a child but we couldn't afford a horse. Riding side saddle is on my bucket list, though as yet I don't have a plan for it.

Welld one on getting savings account no. 2 in place. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow, the riding sounds like a great idea. The weather should be improving soon as well, which will be even better.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    The riding is such a good idea... I had a few lessons when I was a child but we couldn't afford a horse. Riding side saddle is on my bucket list, though as yet I don't have a plan for it.

Welld one on getting savings account no. 2 in place. :)
    I love my riding lessons,I was so worried when I set up my DMP that I would have to give it up but the man from Stepchange asked me how much money I budgeted for sport and leisure so I told him how much it was a month fully expecting him to say I would have to stop paying for it and he didn’t say a word just carried on to the next category,so it’s all accounted for in my budget and to be honest it is the only thing I do as a regular social activity so I was glad I got to keep it,I have ridden side saddle but didn’t like it :rotfl:
    I’m gobsmaked that I’ve actually got any savings never mind two savings accounts,they might not get very big but they are a start:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Wow, the riding sounds like a great idea. The weather should be improving soon as well, which will be even better.
    I love it and I love being outside,it’s been tough this winter with all the rain but like you say the nicer weather will be here soon and I find when you have worked outside all winter you really appreciate the warmer days when they get here,having said that it is actually snowing again here today so I think spring has been postponed
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 17 March 2018 at 11:30PM
    Options
    OMG its cold here today,I woke up to snow falling again which makes me sad, I was really tired last night so went to bed at 10.30 and I didntwake up until 10 am this morning,the colder weather makes me sluggish and its been really busy at work so Im shattered
    I went to town today to meet my mum for coffee,we havent seen each other for several weeks because of one thing or another, she gave me an envelope to be opened when I got home and inside was £200 to treat myself with, my mum doesnt know Im in debt because it would worry her to death but she does know that money is tight and always has been since my partner left so every so often she gives me some money to treat myself,I have told her off for this over and over again but she wont listen and wont stop doing it,I am soooooo grateful that she does this but I do wish she wouldnt,Im not treating myself to anything though,Im going to put it in my savings account
    When I got home from town today there was a letter from my water company which included a cheque for £40 compensation for the interruption to the water supply during the snowy weather,it was only for 24 hours and I never expected any compensation so this was a welcome surprise,this is also going to be paid into my savings account
    I still need to do my banking this weekend so will be doing that tomorrow,I have washing to catch up with tomorrow as well and will also hopefully have time to do some sewing,if itsgoing to be snowy I;m definitely staying indoors all day
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback