Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Broken bones would give me a good reason to not be at work for a week or two.....

I'm going to go visit the nearest branch of the shop I bought the bed from after work one day this week (prob Weds) to see if they can either tell me what size I need or have some I can buy.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    And home from what felt like a very long day at work.

On the upside I managed to find an hour to spend out for a walk to get some fresh air, and accidentally found one of hte local geocaches, so logged it and found that a few more have been placed in the area around work. So thats a few more afternoon walks to chase them down.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    After a distinctly unhelpful phone call with the bed shop customer services (the frame I have is an old one and they don't have the fact sheet for it on the system anymore ) I took a guess and bought a pack of hex screws which were what I thought was the right size - while I got the right width I guess the length wrong, so need to pick up some shorter ones next time I go out.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    scubaangel wrote: »
    After a distinctly unhelpful phone call with the bed shop customer services (the frame I have is an old one and they don't have the fact sheet for it on the system anymore ) I took a guess and bought a pack of hex screws which were what I thought was the right size - while I got the right width I guess the length wrong,

Story of your life? desismileys_3556.gif
    so need to pick up some shorter ones next time I go out.

Or hacksaw those to length and clean up the threads. Use tape to ensure you cut them square.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Given in order to do that I'd need to buy a hacksaw.......its as cheap and far far safer to just buy the right length.

Ended up not going to the hardware/DIY place after work today as I picked up a couple of app based audit jobs so took myself off to the supermarkets to do those instead.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Just redeemed £5 amazon from various gfk surveys. Also £15 in paypal from the postal surveys.

Currently trying to get one more survey on opinionworld so I can cash out there too.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Given in order to do that I'd need to buy a hacksaw.......its as cheap and far far safer to just buy the right length.

You not a rampant DIY'er then?
    Ended up not going to the hardware/DIY place after work today as I picked up a couple of app based audit jobs so took myself off to the supermarkets to do those instead.

Are these similar to the merchandising jobs?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    I do the minimum necessary. Although I am willing to give most things a try - in this case buying a hacksaw would cost as much as buying the right ones, and would have to be bought from the same place, so for the sake of simplicity, my sanity and in an ideal world keeping my blood inside my body I'll buy some new ones.

Yeah its basically the same thing only done on the app immediately while instore.

I'm currently a little worried about myself, I opened a bottle of wine a couple of hours ago, and am yet to finish the first glass.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    I do the minimum necessary. Although I am willing to give most things a try - in this case buying a hacksaw would cost as much as buying the right ones,

I was thinking more of you not possessing a hacksaw in the first place.
    and would have to be bought from the same place, so for the sake of simplicity, my sanity and in an ideal world keeping my blood inside my body I'll buy some new ones.

The blood stops after a while, but the sense of achievement (and the carpet stains) last forever... ;)
    I'm currently a little worried about myself, I opened a bottle of wine a couple of hours ago, and am yet to finish the first glass.

Any reason why? Doing something interesting?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    I don't often have much need for one, my furniture is pretty much all flat pack, I'm not about to start modifying the rented home, and I don't have anything by way of a work space if I did decide to suddenly take up DIY style crafting as one friend has done recently (she makes some absolutely goregous wood pieces, lamps, clocks, even a pair of candle stands for her local Church).

Unless vegetating on the sofa counts.

Probably a good thing, or I'd find it even harder than normal to get up in the morning to drive down to Southampton for a visit to flatpack hell - hoping to avoid the dangerous sections, childrens and household gadgets. Unfortunately one of the things I've had ordered by a friend is an Owl puppet (from the kids section), and I've been asked to look for a tea strainer (kitchen).....and I want a rug, some additional storage boxes for the units currently in the living room possibly a shoe rack/shelf unit for the hall.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills