Have DemonPlates tricked me into paying additional postage?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 11:37AM
    Supersonos wrote: »
    Even the DVLA don't care - Demon Plates are listed on the DVLA website as a Registered Number Plate Supplier.

Wrong... My mate thought he was doing it properly by registering with the DVLA and then advertised on ebay.

The DVLA gave him a warning for selling them on ebay, he could not prove the buyers identity and whether the buyer had a legal right to the plates.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No, that's people assuming I haven't shown them my documents. I knew what they were getting at, but didn't want to get drawn into an argument about how emails of documents are no good because they can be forged etc.etc.

The number legally belongs to me and the plates are of the correct size, font and spacing. There's nothing illegal about the number plates.

Demon Plates is listed on DVLA's website. As a consumer, I'm not sure there's much more I could do.

It's a theme of this forum that certain people focus on details that have no relevance to the question asked. I just enjoy winding them up further.

So whilst you were at their premises showing them your documents why didn’t you bring the plates home and save on postage?
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wrong... My mate thought he was doing it properly by registering with the DVLA and then advertised on ebay.

The DVLA gave him a warning for selling them on ebay, he could not prove the buyers identity and whether the buyer had a legal right to the plates.

And how is that my problem? I legally own the plate, the plate adheres to the rules (correct spacing, font etc). Nothing I've done in the process is illegal.
  • Supersonos
    So whilst you were at their premises showing them your documents why didn!!!8217;t you bring the plates home and save on postage?

Because they said it takes them a few hours to make them. I decided to go home and have them post them instead as I didn't need them on Monday.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Because they said it takes them a few hours to make them. I decided to go home and have them post them instead as I didn't need them on Monday.

That’s funny because your op suggests you bought them online.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    And how is that my problem? I legally own the plate, the plate adheres to the rules (correct spacing, font etc). I will not admit to doing anything illegal.

I’d give it a rest now, you’ve had your answers.

Let’s hope the postman can be bothered to walk down the drive to deliver the plates you were stood at the checkout with on Monday.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

Funnily enough, the OP did. After all, you wouldn't be presented with checkout options for a face-to-face transaction. ;)
    I've ordered some number plates from Demon Plates and, at the checkout, was given this option:

:D
  • Supersonos

That's funny - you knew I bought them online yet your question suggested you knew I was at their premises.
  • Supersonos
    I’d give it a rest now, you’ve had your answers.

Only because you know I'm right. There's nothing illegal about the plates.

Rather than telling me to "give it a rest", if you don't like this thread, just don't comment on it.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That's funny - you knew I bought them online yet your question suggested you knew I was at their premises.

So why lie about your documents?
    Only because you know I'm right. There's nothing illegal about the plates.

Rather than telling me to "give it a rest", if you don't like this thread, just don't comment on it.

Enjoy your "show plates".:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport