Have DemonPlates tricked me into paying additional postage?

Options

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    If you feel DVLA's systems are so lacking that they're allowing illegal suppliers to be included on their list of registered suppliers, I suggest you take it up with the DVLA.

When the police pull me over for buying an illegal plate, I'll be sure to come back here and offer my profuse apolgies. But unless you tell me what is so illegal, I can't possibly avoid the situation.

Maybe the real problem here is that when people do care, the people who have the details choose to not share them.

I guess I'll just have to use my shoe plates.

User error again.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't see the fuss.

Unless I've missed something,

Ordered Monday, despatch chosen 2 working days, despatched Wednesday. Job done. Even if the order was placed 8 am Monday then they would have had till 5pm Tuesday to send them. Hardly a problem worth 21 posts.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I can't see the fuss.

Unless I've missed something,

Ordered Monday, despatch chosen 2 working days, despatched Wednesday. Job done. Even if the order was placed 8 am Monday then they would have had till 5pm Tuesday to send them. Hardly a problem worth 21 posts.

The 21 posts is because people seem to think Demon Plates are illegal. I'd love to know why they think that because then I'd consider returning the illegal plates for a refund, but no-one seems to want to tell me.

I'm also surprised the DVLA list an allegedly illegal supplier on their website.

As the for despatch, it's the fact that I was persuaded to pay £3.99 for "express despatch" when it turns out that their free standard despatch is actually exactly the same. Paying the £3.99 apparently makes no difference to the despatch time.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The 21 posts is because people seem to think Demon Plates are illegal. I'd love to know why they think that because then I'd consider returning the illegal plates for a refund, but no-one seems to want to tell me.

I'm also surprised the DVLA list an allegedly illegal supplier on their website.

Are you not reading this thread? Posts #8, #24 and #34 all explain why they are illegal because they didn't ask for documentation before they made them, yet you keep saying no one has told you? :rotfl:

Just because the DVLA list them as a supplier doesn't mean that they follow the correct procedure for every order.

Then in post #7 you ask what is illegal about what you bought:
    What's illegal about what I've bought?

Then when people try and answer that question you say it's not relevant :rotfl: :
    None of this makes any difference to my original question and is therefore not relevant.
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As the for despatch, it's the fact that I was persuaded to pay £3.99 for "express despatch" when it turns out that their free standard despatch is actually exactly the same. Paying the £3.99 apparently makes no difference to the despatch time.

Have I missed something, have they been despatched within the 2 days? If not I'd say you have reason to complain.

Or are you arguing that express and free can have the same despatch time?
    If so, the key here is they say "under normal circumstances". So they try to despatch for free within 2 days, but they cant guarantee it. Hence why you can pay for express.

Like how if you post something 2nd class it can still get there next day, but you don't think you've been duped if you buy 1st class to make sure.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I must be reading it all wrong then.
    £3.99 for despatch within 2 working days---Ordered Monday, Despatch Wednesday = 2 working days
    Free despatch = 5-7 working days.
    Can't see where their standard despatch is the same as express.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    Can't see where their standard despatch is the same as express.

It's all explained in my very first post. All over the rest of their website it says that the plates will normally be despatched the same or next day. So it seems express despatch is actually normal despatch.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    wesleyad wrote: »
    Have I missed something, have they been despatched within the 2 days? If not I'd say you have reason to complain.

Or are you arguing that express and free can have the same despatch time?
    If so, the key here is they say "under normal circumstances". So they try to despatch for free within 2 days, but they cant guarantee it. Hence why you can pay for express.

Like how if you post something 2nd class it can still get there next day, but you don't think you've been duped if you buy 1st class to make sure.

Yeah, you have a good point. Whether or not they've been despatched, I don't know. I ordered them at about 10am Monday and they've not yet arrived.

I guess it just seemed a little underhanded that, at the point of check out, they suddenly announce that standard delivery takes 5-7 days. Not "Can take up to 7 days but usually despatched the next day."

Literally everywhere else on their site says plates are usually despatched same or next day.

I've asked them for a refund of the £3.99.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    Are you not reading this thread? Posts #8, #24 and #34 all explain why they are illegal because they didn't ask for documentation before they made them, yet you keep saying no one has told you? :rotfl:

No, that's people assuming I haven't shown them my documents. I knew what they were getting at, but didn't want to get drawn into an argument about how emails of documents are no good because they can be forged etc.etc.

The number legally belongs to me and the plates are of the correct size, font and spacing. There's nothing illegal about the number plates.

Demon Plates is listed on DVLA's website. As a consumer, I'm not sure there's much more I could do.

It's a theme of this forum that certain people focus on details that have no relevance to the question asked. I just enjoy winding them up further.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    wesleyad wrote: »
    Seems feasible that if they had a lot of orders in hand - they should do the "express" customers first and then the "free" customers. So the free customers might get a despatch in 2 days or it might be 3 or 5 or... the express customers get a 2 day despatch or their money back.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure