My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Maybe suggest that DD treats you to lunch when you go out in return for looking after DGS? Mind you if she's anything like my friends DDs that would be met with raised eyebrows and 'But you LIKE looking after him... I thought I was doing YOU the favour!' :rotfl:
    :rotfl:I might do that,she never has any money when she sees me but then goes off and manages to spend money elsewhere:eek:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Today was a work day so I have been an NHS slave for 12.5 hours,I was in clincis today and didn't get a break at all in the morning,luckily I got my lunch break as I was starving by then and a bit jittery because we can make coffee where we are so all that caffeine and no food was a bad combination
    The afternoon was quite relaxed so that made up for the morning and a colleague who lives near me gave me a lift home so that meant I got home in 15 minutes instead of 45
    My boss still hasn't sorted out my new shifts for next week,hopefully we will get to do it on Friday
    I'm off tomorrow but have to go up to work because mum has an appointment to be measured for her prosthetic breast and wants me to go with her,so I even have to go there on my day off:eek:
    Im then planning on coming home and chilling out
    I do need to sort the house out but DDs boyfriend is going to Sweden on Monday on a long distance hike and all his camping gear is spread out all over the house,so I'm going to wait until he has gone and then blitz the place,he goes for three weeks so hopefully it should stay relatively tidy,he then comes back for a couple of weeks before he moves out to go to Uni in Cardiff and I get my house back,I'm not sure how often he will come back to visit DD,he will be there for three years and his mum is buying him a house for the second and third year so he will probably end up staying there,he says he wantsDD to move there to live with him but she isn't sure ,their relationship is quite rocky at times and I honestly don't think it will survive him going to uni,I hope it does but I'm not convinced,I will wait and see how it goes
  • Onebrokelady
    Forgot to say my new neighbours are an absolute nightmare,their son is way out of control and so noisy,he was banging about the house again last night at 11.30 while I was trying to get to sleep.
    DiD said it had been going on all day with his mum shouting at him constantly
    He has also been chucking his empty crisp packets onto my garden,so I threw them back over the fence yesterday,it's so ignorant and they have no control over him whatsoever:eek::(
  • Onebrokelady
    I've just rechecked my budget to make sure it's on track for this month and it's not looking too bad,there won't be any savings this month but I've got enough to pay all the bills etc,the lack of savings is down to spending too much on Friday and a lower wage this month due to not as many unsocial hours, luckily I got my wage rise this month so that helped,it's not loads but it came in handy,we get the back pay next month so I'm hoping I can put that in my savings next month
    I'm off out shortly to meet mum for her appointment and then I have some bits of shopping to buy,I've pegged out two loads of washing and I'm hoping it doesn't rain,it's warm here today with grey skies so it could go either way
    My Stepchange payment went out today so I have updated my signature accordingly:j
  • Onebrokelady
    Mums appointment went well today,she was fitted for a prosthetic breast and it looks really good in her bra,you would never know she has had anything done,we did have a giggle when the lady told her to be carful of sharp objects,I had in mind her getting a slow puncture but it's solid,I don't know what they are made of but it looks similar to a breast implant,she also got a voucher to buy a free bra

It also didn't end up raining today so my washing was lovely and dry when I got home,I just have to iron it now,I'm not doing it today though because for some reason I feel exhausted,i was going to have an early night but next doors son is kicking off so I won't be able to be to sleep any time soon,he was hanging out of the bedroom window screaming and crying just now,if he isn't careful he is going to fall out,if this carries on I'm going to call social services because the way she shouts and screams at him is worrying me
    I'm thinking he might have some sort of special needs but either way she needs some parenting lessons
    Today I have had a money saving moment,I want to get a pegbag and had seen some cheap ones in Wilkos so decided to go and buy one,then I remembered that i have loads of spare material in my craft stash so could just as easily make one,I have cotton in the right colour too so I don't actually need to buy anything,I'm so fed up of my pegs being either in the bottom of the wash basket meaning I can't get to them when its full or left on the line where they get dirty,so when I finally finish my current sewing I am going to make one with a long shoulder strap so I can wear it across my body leaving my hands free :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    OneBL thats a good idea...may be an Etsy project?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,086 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Great idea to make one, especially if it uses up some of your craft stash.....that's a good way of getting new stuff for free.
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Floss wrote: »
    OneBL thats a good idea...may be an Etsy project?
    Etsy is one of my most favourite places to browse,I can waste hours looking at things on there
  • Onebrokelady
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Great idea to make one, especially if it uses up some of your craft stash.....that's a good way of getting new stuff for free.
    How funny I've just been and commented on your diary too:rotfl:
    I'm actually quite proud that I didn't just rush out and buy one today ,I'm excited to make one myself,and the material I have is a lovely flowery one so it will be pretty,I will have to hand stitch it becasue I don't own a sewing machine but I've done this before on an item and it looked like I'd had used a machine so should be ok:)
  • I have a peg bag cut out ready to sew you have just reminded me. It has been sat in the drawer for two years! My current one is a Morrisons carrier bag :D

On a more serious note are your neighbours renting or have they bought the place? If they are renting would you be able to find out who the landlord is? Good idea to phone social services too, they sound a nightmare.

Glad the boob fitting went well :T
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback