The (not so old) Crocks Cafe -Part 2

Options

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if you were to go back onto your old bed after about 3 days, you would scream 'I want my new bed back NOW!!!'

So true! I've found it makes so much difference. I only wake up in pain now if I've slept in an awkward position.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Elle7 wrote: »
    Hi :) I'm really sorry to interupt, but I wondered if anyone here is taking lyrica? I think it's called pregabalin usually, but I'm forgetful :o

I started taking 75mg three times a day on Friday, and I'm having it gradually raised to maximum dose over the next three weeks.
    I also find my legs go numb very often...this has been happening before I started the medication, but I forgot to mention it at the doctors. It happens several times a day, whether I am lying down, sitting up or standing. It tends to happen to both legs at the same time, too...is this a new fibro symptom?

That's... a really big dose of pregabalin to be started on. I was started at 75mg a day when I was taking it. The numbness might be because you're starting at a dose so high - I know kooky things can happen with that, amitriptyline made me completely stoned when I was started at 10mg.

I know we're not supposed to give medical advice, but I don't think this would count - maybe ask your doctor about the possibility of going back to 75mg just once a day and tapering up from that to the twice or three times a day dose? It'll probably help the numbness, as that isn't a fibro symptom, at least not one that develops that fast. It tends to work that way with the neuropathic pain meds.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • formaldehyde_perfume
    Options
    I've heard about this fibro drug, is it any good?
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know what to do now. What if he refuses to refer her? Am I just over reacting and she is just bendier than normal?
    I personally would fight for it. Rather have it looked into now and it come back normal, than you be worried about it incessantly til either something forces the issue or you get a doc that "gets it".
    DD is off to the hospital for assessment for exactly the sort of things you refer to about your 7 year old. (Plus chest pains and fainting, and freezing cold hands and feet)

It took telling the GP that her father meets the criteria for Marfan's, but is in denial about it - and a different GP to usual, one that has seen me in a flare - to accept that there is most likely an issue due to connective tissues of some sort.

So we have to wait now.

Oh, and she has been referred to an orthodontist as her teeth are extremely crowded.
    Good luck dude!
    mary-op wrote: »
    Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome:j

Sorted out my walking frame to make trips from one room to the other a bit easier.........neighbours daughter mad a door hanger at school and gave it to me...........it's got several pockets in it so I've hung it on my frame and if I want to spend the morning card making I can gather up my stuff and get it to the kitchen table a lot easier:T
    Welcome (and welcome to the other newbies I can't remember and couldn't fit in my 3-limit-multiquote ;)) and that's a genius idea! I'll pass it on to MIL :)

Hi guys :) I'm knackered and don't have much to say but didn't wanna read and run :) :wave: to all
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    FM & Elle7 I've been on Lyrica for a good couple of years. Started off on 75mg once a day and climbed from there. I've not heard of it being taken 3 times a day before, usually at night and morning, or just night. I found it helpful for muscle spasms and nerve pains, but made my bladder hurt (felt like cystitis or UTI or something) the further up the dosage I went.

Only times I remember numbness was when I'd trapped something, but I would ask the doc about it all Elle.
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hi and welcome to newbies. my hands and finger's go numb alot , but the opposite in the legs at night and morning in bed there go stiff , and if i sit to long everything goes stiff ,once stuck on sofa couple hours..now i sit on memory foam pad..well its a dog bed on floor with bean bag cushion so if i go stiff i can roll over on to floor and hold chair/sofa/table to get up ...if real bad i can crawl !
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes (I'll count myself in). I so can't wait for Wednesday and this bed, I'm really tired now, but not quite tired enough, the bed is so uncomfortable that I have to be shattered before I sleep.

Thank goodness for my riser-recliner, I often nap in this, but find myself staggering upstairs at 4 am all too often too.

I work from home 6 days out of 7 so that's a blessing, only one day a week will I have to prise myself from my lovely warm bed at 6 am.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I am happy.

I have tickets for The Blockheads playing New Boots and Panties live in July.

:D
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    I've heard about this fibro drug, is it any good?

Just like any medication, Lyrica helps some people and doesn't help others. It helped me sleep, but I gained a lot of weight very rapidly, so given I'm in recovery from bulimia and it was making me slip badly in that way, my doctor decided it would be best to take me off it. I did get some good sound sleep from it, though.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • formaldehyde_perfume
    Options
    Trialia wrote: »
    Just like any medication, Lyrica helps some people and doesn't help others. It helped me sleep, but I gained a lot of weight very rapidly, so given I'm in recovery from bulimia and it was making me slip badly in that way, my doctor decided it would be best to take me off it. I did get some good sound sleep from it, though.

I'm already morbidly obese, I think I'll pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure