Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i've picked up the odd bit for the yuletide but i've picked up a lot and put it back down again too

I see it , think "oh one of the kids will like that " and then I look at it again and think best wait as they may prefer something else

Non specifics like PJ's and gift sets etc I am always on the look out for and regulary look on hotukdeals

Yes, you're right. This is the first year that I've had to hold myself back for my eldest because he'll definitely know what he does and doesn't want this year. Last year, I just about got away with it. My youngest will be easily pleased with whatever we choose, but I think i'll try to sort everyone else first then tackle the kids nearer the time when lists have been written.

For niece and youngest nephew, they always get PJs + something. Last year it was a book each, this year my niece is getting a fluffy lockable diary and some glitter gel pens (she's 7) so they're semi easy to buy for because it's not branded toys as such.

I do love HotUKDeals :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon! I got pj cpl weeks for my nieces xmas... great minds ;) xx

Thanks Monz, still feeling a bit meh today but hoping it doesn't come to anything. Going to attempt the gym at lunchtime so will see if I can make it through. It might pull me through the crap feeling, who knows?

Great minds on the PJs - i like to make a start earlier if I can. Means when I get my Christmas fund paid in November, it stretches a bit further :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Working late tonight because I have a lot on - it always happens when I'm feeling rotten, it's like my body knows a busy time is coming up so starts to freak out! Still managed to be productive in the house - while the dinner was cooking, i hung up two loads of washing that I'd washed earlier, got some dishes done and put away and another load of clothes put away. Got the kids beds stripped and washed earlier so re-made their beds, so just ours to do tomorrow.

Today was a NSD but tomorrow won't be - got to pay parking at work (£4) but I'm being sensible and prepared my lunch and snacks already for tomorrow.

I have reconciled all the bills that came out today and all is looking well (except husband still hasn't been paid - was supposed to be yesterday) but I need to spend some time looking at what our spending account is like. It's always depleted early on with big fuel bills and things to kick the month off, but I want to give myself a reality check about what's left.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Another couple of PA studies done! Once these surveys are approved i'll have £19.30 so just one or two more studies until cash out again.

Are you aware if for what ever reason pa go bust that 19.30 you will not get survey sites have no cover at all. I know its a negative comment but i have done surveys for years now and i lost 30 odd quid when one survey site went bust :-(

I know your waiting for the cheaper option re fees etc but i wouldn't.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hope hubby got paid nothing worse than waiting for your wages xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Hi Scott, yes I'm aware of that. To be honest, i think it's worth the risk. I've still got loads awaiting approval, so i'm only sitting at £8 with £12 pending so i'll be able to cash out as soon as they're approved. I keep checking, but they're taking their time in approving.

Thanks Abba - you're right, it's so annoying waiting! This happens every few months, and it's happened for the last two weeks in a row. He was finally paid this morning, three days late but it just means that it's only 4 days until he gets paid again. It drives me mad!

I'm making dinner for my friends tonight so need to pop to the shop for some things. I should manage to keep it under £15 (including a bottle of wine). Other than that, I am planning a low key, low spend weekend. I need to spend some time in the gym and some time clearing out our spare room and dining room before some travel next week.

Payment towards our loan will go out in the next week or so, and that'll bring us down into the £8ks from almost £16k (loan only). Almost 50% of the way there! It's comforting to remind myself of these things when it's a quiet patch, to save me going off the rails :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Cool as long as you know it just annoyed the hell out of me in the past when i lost money.
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Yeah, i bet! £30 is a lot to lose!

Happy Friday everyone :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    It wasn't the money it was the time it was the fact it was a survey site in the vain of YouGov lol it took an eternity to build up.

Hope your having a good weekend Homegrown.
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Hi all!

It's been almost a week since I've been online - travelling with work has pretty much flattened me out so i'm just getting myself together after a busy few days.

Money
    Money-wise, it's not the best. Our spending pot for the month has £6.72 left in it and pay day isn't for another 20 days :( It's a combination of things really - my husband spent £130 of unbudgeted money before a trip away and only recouped half the costs (in cash) from the other people on the trip, rather than 3/4 and of course with it being cash, the account wasn't replenished so the cash is just in his wallet.

In addition, we are only one month into the gifts/ clothes fund and the money that we have in there has been decimated by school uniform purchasing and we've had 3 family and 2 friends birthdays this month, so those funds have had to come from the spending account.

Ah, if only I'd started building up this fund earlier!

Anyway, i'll need to rejig things a bit and probably save less than planned this month to boost the spending funds so that we can eat and other essential things.

To Let:
    Our flat is back on the market for renting and the tenents are moving out in just over 4 weeks so i'm really hoping we get some people through the door and ready to make my flat their next home! Otherwise, all of our spare income for the next however-many months will be going towards paying the mortgage and factor fees until someone takes it. This month's mortgage is covered but the next mortgage payment is due at the end of September so we need a tenant by then or we need to have £450 saved to pay.

Nursery fees:
    This month was the last month of paying 100% fees for my youngest. His funded hours have kicked in and September is the first funded month so we'll be saving a little over £100 per month on nursery fees. This will just be rolled into our budget and contribute to either savings or CC overpayments, depending on what my budget for the month looks like. Glad to finally be here, although it's still a LOT of money to be forking out.

Days until pay day: 20
    Days until half term week off: 63
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills