Options

Comments

• Razoo
    Razoo Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Razoo wrote: »
    Previously I wrote:
    Raisin's advisor suggested that I could open two ICICI accounts, deferring the second account application until after the first account had been fully funded and set up. The advisor was also very clear that if I opened two ICICI accounts and put £40K into each, I would be eligible for two bonus payments of £80. However, I don't think this is actually true. I think two accounts with ICICI would be considered as one investment and the bonus would be calculated on the total sum invested.

The jury is still out on this one.

I spoke to Raisin Customer Services on three separate occasions and three different advisors each informed me that if I did open a second ICICI account, the new account would definitely be eligible for a second bonus based on the amount invested.

Now, 2-weeks after opening my first ICICI account, I have invested just over £40K in a second ICICI account. This means that I now have two ICICI accounts with just over £40K in each. In theory this should entitle me to two £80 bonus payments.

I sent in my Bonus claim email for my first ICICI account and 13 minutes later I received an email acknowledging my claim.

2-weeks later I sent in my Bonus claim email for my second ICICI account and no acknowledgment email was forthcoming. This set me wondering...! :undecided

After a couple of days I telephoned Raisin Customer Services to enquire about the missing bonus acknowledgment. The advisor confirmed that both of my Bonus claim emails had been received and were showing on my account. He could not explain why the acknowledgment email wasn't automatically sent out, but then proceeded to send out the acknowledgment email manually.

The current situation is that I have opened two separate ICICI accounts through Raisin; I have submitted two Bonus claim emails and I have received two Bonus claim acknowledgments.

I'll post back if/when I have received the two bonus payments.
    _____
    Razoo
  • narcissa1
    narcissa1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 September 2018 at 7:26PM
    Options
    Just to add to this, since I've been watching with interest: I applied when they were still offering the introductory £80 cash bonus, followed the instructions, and have just received my bonus. This arrived in my bank account about a week before the end of the advertised 60-day period, following a couple of recent emails letting me know that my claim had been approved.

Like others here I wasn't sure if 'upgrading' my account a couple of weeks ago (in response to their invitation) would somehow invalidate the bonus claim, but it hasn't :)

So I am a happy customer - and the one time I did contact them by phone (I made a mistake in my initial application details and had to phone to ask how to edit) they were very helpful.

Thank you to MSE both for pointing me towards this, and also for making it clear that you had to email them to make the bonus claim yourself (ie that it wouldn't follow automatically) - which I did.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I originally signed up for Starling and no mention of the £10 bonus. I sent a message to them yesterday explaining I thought it was unfair I would not qualify and received the following reply today.

Thank you for your message.

We would like to apologise for any confusion that may have arisen. The new Raisin Starling account will be set up in the first half of October and your £10 bonus will be placed on your account.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Your Raisin UK Customer Services Team

Unquote

I now assume everyone would then get this bonus payment.
  • Razoo
    Razoo Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Previously I wrote:

I spoke to Raisin Customer Services on three separate occasions and three different advisors each informed me that if I did open a second ICICI account, the new account would definitely be eligible for a second bonus based on the amount invested.

<snip>

The current situation is that I have opened two separate ICICI accounts through Raisin; I have submitted two Bonus claim emails and I have received two Bonus claim acknowledgments.

I'll post back if/when I have received the two bonus payments.

The 60 day deadline for payment of my first Raisin/ICICI account bonus is 23 October 2018. For my second Raisin/ICICI account bonus it is 12 November 2018.

Yesterday I received an email from Raisin informing me that payment of my bonus was imminent. I assumed this would be just my first bonus payment.

Today I checked my nominated bank account and found that both £80 bonus payments were there, well ahead of schedule.

I think this authenticates Raisin UK's affirmation that every account opened is eligible for a bonus payment in its own right, even if multiple accounts are opened with the same provider.

So far Raisin have done everything they said they would and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
    _____
    Razoo
  • Rheumatoid
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I originally signed up for Starling and no mention of the £10 bonus. I sent a message to them yesterday explaining I thought it was unfair I would not qualify and received the following reply today.

Thank you for your message.

We would like to apologise for any confusion that may have arisen. The new Raisin Starling account will be set up in the first half of October and your £10 bonus will be placed on your account.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Unquote

I now assume everyone would then get this bonus payment.

Here's hoping so. just got this:

Thank you for your response.

As stated in our previous email, we can confirm that you are indeed eligible to receive the £10 opt-in bonus.

Your new Raisin Starling account will soon be set up; you will be kept up to date via email. Your £10 bonus will be credited to your new account once it is in use.

If anything remains unclear please advise.

Kind regards,

I hadn't had a 'previous' email!
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • NeilF355
    NeilF355 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I think this authenticates Raisin UK's affirmation that every account opened is eligible for a bonus payment in its own right, even if multiple accounts are opened with the same provider.

_____
    Razoo

I also opened 2 ICICI accounts with Raisin, both on the 24/08/18 and today I received a total bonus payment of £160
  • spluff
    spluff Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there how do you transfer a large amount like 80k to fund the Raisin account to fund a savings account in ICICI?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spluff wrote: »
    Hi there how do you transfer a large amount like 80k to fund the Raisin account to fund a savings account in ICICI?
    Multiple faster payments ought to do the trick. It will depend on your bank as to how large each payment could be and how many could be sent per day.
  • spluff
    spluff Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How many days do you have to fund the Raisin account for it to go to ICICI bank?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spluff wrote: »
    How many days do you have to fund the Raisin account for it to go to ICICI bank?
    It would be best to fund the account first, before applying for the savings product. Raisin do give you a grace period with which to fund your account, but I don't know how long this is. If you've already applied for the ICICI product and fail to fund it in time, you could just reapply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure