Kufflink P2P lending chat thread

Comments

• Alexland wrote: »
    So do they email this 3% offer to existing customers?

Whenever I have seen their similar percentage offers (eg they have currently have 5% on TopCashBack) they are for new customers only.

Alex
    Yes, they email investors. I've had about 4-5 of them over the time I've been with Kuflink which is about 1 year now. I imagine they have quite a lot of money coming into the platform recently due to their referral scheme so I can't imagine they will be offering it any time soon though. I didn't take the offers up because it was 5% skin in the IFISA vs 20% in the select account but now they've equalised this I may take them up on it next time.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    These 3% cashback offers weren't for the IFISA per se, but just for auto select (as opposed to self select) whether ISA wrapped or not.

They used to come up every few weeks, but that was before their referral scheme started, so I suspect that their marketing budget has been re-routed now and we may not see any more (I've not seen one in a few months).

I'm pulling out of Kuflink as loans repay. Most of these are self select but I did take them up on the cashback offer a couple of times - I have one maturing in October and another (which was higher at 3.5% cb) in January.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    I've generally done another auto-invest whenever they've had a 3% cashback offer. I can recall at least three 3% offers.

Some are only for auto-invest, others for anything, terms seem to vary.
  • bxboards
    Alexland wrote: »

However I am pretty sure 3 of the £38 properties that I am now investing in are properties that I had previously seen as confirmed repaid in my investment list when I had 10x£50 invested. For example the Liverpool L13 one was showing as repaid shortly after it was due on 11th June but it is still showing as part of the mix if a customer was to make a new auto-invest? The 'loan updates' page hasn't mentioned it as repaid.

Alex

I think we can still tell which has repaid as the lnvestment period day count no longer increments, look at L13 vs DA6 and you can then work out L13 did repay.

The new pages seems work in progress and my side, any of the loan docs give 'Whoops, looks like something went wrong.'

The rebalancing out of repayments into newer auto loans is pretty typical of other black box / auto accounts I have with Octopus Choice and Assetz Capital Property Secured Account these both redistribute payments into newer investments within the product.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bxboards wrote: »
    I've generally done another auto-invest whenever they've had a 3% cashback offer. I can recall at least three 3% offers.

Some are only for auto-invest, others for anything, terms seem to vary.

I'm pretty sure they have all been for auto-invest, as I would have jumped on any for self select (being equivalent to a ~10% return).
  • pruey
    pruey Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hi, does anyone know if i were to refer my parents and they set up new accounts so we could get the referral offer, but they put my bank details in (so i could manage it for them) would this still pass the money laudering checks? or does the bank account provided have to be in the name of the person signing up?

Regards,
    Simon
  • bxboards
    For anyone offering Kuflink referral shares, has anyone seen a new signup with a referral code in the CB-NEW_INVESTOR-xxxx (where xxxx appears to be their member number)

This seems to be an internal referral from Kuflink - ie the person who signed up went to them directly, not via a referral link. I am sharing cashback via the referral thread, and the last 2 people who have contacted me have had a code in this format (and no referral payment my side).
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,230 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pruey wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if i were to refer my parents and they set up new accounts so we could get the referral offer, but they put my bank details in (so i could manage it for them) would this still pass the money laudering checks? or does the bank account provided have to be in the name of the person signing up?
    That would look an awful lot like tax evasion. If it is really their money and not yours, surely they would need to transfer it from/to their bank account, so why not directly to/from their Kuflink account instead of via your account?

You may be able to make deposits from accounts other than the one you register - you'd need to confirm this with Kuflink.
  • pruey
    pruey Posts: 17 Forumite
    masonic wrote: »
    That would look an awful lot like tax evasion. If it is really their money and not yours, surely they would need to transfer it from/to their bank account, so why not directly to/from their Kuflink account instead of via your account?

You may be able to make deposits from accounts other than the one you register - you'd need to confirm this with Kuflink.

Why would it look like tax evasion, when its all within tax free savings allowance?

Reason for going through my account is neither are very tech savvy at setting up online transfers etc. I was telling them about how I've opened an account and getting 6.5% interest on a p2p loan. They were intrigued and asked if I could invest some of their savings. They would give me a cheque to deposit into my account and then I would do online transfer to Kuflink.

I assume I could put their bank details in when registering to be sure, and then fund the account by faster payment from my account? It's their money so wont matter when withdrawing if goes to the original registered account. - think i've answered my own question, lol.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,230 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pruey wrote: »
    Why would it look like tax evasion, when its all within tax free savings allowance?
    Because it is their tax free allowance and it would have all the appearances of being your money.
    I assume I could put their bank details in when registering to be sure, and then fund the account by faster payment from my account? It's their money so wont matter when withdrawing if goes to the original registered account. - think i've answered my own question, lol.
    You should definitely register using their bank details. As I mentioned in my previous post, money going in from a different account should not cause any issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure