Two speeding tickets inside 15 mins

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 September 2018 at 2:36PM
    Pauli2 wrote: »
    The point I was making was if I'd been in my own car would I still get the two offences so close to each other, to go from 0 to 6 points in a day seems unfair. I done the awareness course last year.

Quite clearly didn't learn anything the first time. Not to worry soon you won't have to worry because you'll be on 12 points and banned as I doubt that if you get 6 points you'll slow down.
    Pauli2 wrote:
    I don't speed as a rule.
    Quite clearly you do given in the space of 12 months you've been caught, done a speed awareness course, got a NIP in the post and are pretty sure you're getting a second if you already haven't.

I drive between 1500 and 2500 miles a week, have done for much of the last 25 years. Since I passed my test in 1988 I've only ever had 3 points on it once.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Put the pitchforks away people, the naughty potential CHILDREN killing speeder has been caught.

I see the OPs point.
    When cash cameras were first brought out, much fuss was made about their "safety" aspect, how are only put at accident blackspots etc.

However, what happens is they are placed in places, apparently so appallingly dangerous that to exceed an arbitrary number could kill CHILDREN, but when you do exceed that number, all that happens is a note is made of it so you can be charged a levy later on.

If it is so dangerous, why aren't you stopped immediately, and told about it? Maybe we could have some sort of organisation that could do that and "police" traffic, we could even give them uniforms and call them "The Police".

Instead you are free to make the same error of judgement or mistake (most people don't have a clue that lamp-posts = 30mph and a dual carriageway has to have a divider) time after time until the post brings enough tickets to take your licence away.

If they had been stopped by one of these "Police" they could have learned and corrected their driving, so we would have had a safer driver and several less opportunities for CHILDREN to be killed...
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    facade wrote: »
    If they had been stopped by one of these "Police" they could have learned and corrected their driving, so we would have had a safer driver and several less opportunities for CHILDREN to be killed...

But it's not an issue of the driver needing tuition and correction. Drivers have to take a driving test to show that they have already learnt these things. They know they're doing wrong, they just don't care.

If the police pull someone over and "have words", as soon as they're out of sight, the driver will speed again as he/she got away with it. And the police can't be everywhere. Having a good network of speed cameras that issue fines automatically is much fairer and more efficient.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Deastons wrote: »
    Because that's what he does!

OP, the important thing here is to take action now, don't wait. You need to get in touch with the necessary police force and explain that each offence happened on the same day and, as everyone knows, you can't get done for speeding twice on the same day. (My dad once needed to get to a meeting by a certain time, so he purposely got flashed by a speed camera first thing in the morning so he could legally do 120mph all the way to Leeds)

You should also fight that the road should be a 40mph zone - this is very important. Get a lawyer for this if necessary. I know several people who have got off speeding tickets by showing the courts that the speed limit for the road was wrong and the speed they were travelling at was correct.

Also mention this. As you've done the speed awareness course, you're clearly a law-abiding citizen who is fully aware of speed.

Good luck.

This is the biggest load of rubbish i have read on this forum:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,016 Forumite
    esuhl wrote: »
    But it's not an issue of the driver needing tuition and correction. Drivers have to take a driving test to show that they have already learnt these things. They know they're doing wrong, they just don't care.

If the police pull someone over and "have words", as soon as they're out of sight, the driver will speed again as he/she got away with it. And the police can't be everywhere. Having a good network of speed cameras that issue fines automatically is much fairer and more efficient.

What I meant is, if they were stopped and ticketed at the time, they might realise that the limit is in fact 30, not the 40 that it was last week rather than go on thinking that it is still 40 (which must really be dangerous or they wouldn't just drop the limit would they?)
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ganga wrote: »
    This is the biggest load of rubbish i have read on this forum:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Do try to keep up.
  • facade wrote: »
    Instead you are free to make the same error of judgement or mistake (most people don't have a clue that lamp-posts = 30mph and a dual carriageway has to have a divider) time after time until the post brings enough tickets to take your licence away.

Well they should do. They have all had their driving lessons, passed their theory and practical tests (hopefully).

It's getting on for 30 years since I did my test and am quite confident that I could drive on any road in the country and work out the speed limit from the visual cues available.

As for "error of judgement or mistake", strange how approaching speed cameras lots of people slow down, only to speed up again after. Clearly a conscious decision.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    facade wrote: »
    If it has been such a simple error, then the opportunity to take a Speed Awareness Course would be a very good one to accept, wouldn't it? That would remind the driver of all those things they've forgotten in the years since they knew the Highway Code for their driving test...
  • Ganga wrote: »
    This is the biggest load of rubbish i have read on this forum

Are you calling my dad a liar? I'm hurt.
  • facade wrote: »

Lamp-posts do not automatically mean that the limit is 30mph.
    I know of many roads with a higher limit that have them and I also know of some 20mph ones.

30mph fixed limit roads must have lamp posts but this doesn't mean that all roads with lamp posts are 30mph.
    1m4aug2005.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport