* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to the thread Abbafan1972.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • If anyone's into stocking up well in advance on drink, noticed the Bucks Fizz in T*sco today reduced to £2 (50p off I think) will be in date into 2020.
  • Oh and forgot to say Happy New Year! I'm likely to lurk rather than post but might drop in occasionally if that's all right!
  • 3forholidays
    Thanks for posting about the Buck's Fizz Well Preserved. Not a bargain that I will purchase as I don't consume alcohol but might be useful to others - if you have the storage space etc. :D

Happy New Year everyone! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Happy New Year everyone

Hope 2019 is full of lots of good times and happy memories.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!! :beer: We were meant to have friends and their families over for the afternoon on NYE but we had to cancel because of the chicken pox! So we had a takeaway and a drink and in bed by 9! Wiggle wasn’t sleeping well but seems much better now and definitely through the worst. Squeak has been quite unsettled the last few days so we think he might come out with it soon.

I’ve started taking some decs down but I do like to leave my tree until the 6th January. As I’ve said in a previous post my biggest goal of 2019 is to completely declutter and organise my home. My thinking is that if we have much less stuff and if everything has a home then it shouldn’t become a mess all the time – apart from the childrens toys of course. Here’s hoping!

Hello and welcome newbies! :wave:

nic what post was reported?? I can’t remember what the post was but why would someone report it? Please don’t disappear! :(

Wishing you and your families a happy and healthy year ahead. xx
  • Happy new year everyone!

Thanks for starting this years thread 3, good to see old names appearing and welcome to the newbies, you will learn a lot here!

Survived a very quiet Christmas in Ireland. My mum had a little row earlier in the year with a neighbour (batchelor pensioner who pitched up every day, trust me, there are only so many time that you can hear the same thing about the price of cattle!) and he ignored her. Anyway they had a love in Christmas Day, and now she can't get rid of him again! Once a week would be fine, but every day :eek:

Hope Wiggle is starting to get fighting fit now, but you know that he won't be the only one to get them.

Free, I was in a hotel in Dublin on NYE as I needed to be at ferry port at 07:00, so it was an early night for me, although I was woken a couple of times.

Ate too much, dread getting on scales:o
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • 3forholidays
    edited 2 January 2019 at 5:23PM
    The cards, :xmastree: and tinsel/decorations have all been packed away as back to work for me tomorrow - in Scotland we also get January 2nd as a public holiday. It will be good to get back into the routine! :)

SPC No 043
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My tree is down, Christmas is officially cleared away for 11 months! The rooms look bare now (and huge)- prime redecorating time methinks !!!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Happy New Year! <3

Thanks for the new thread 3FORHOLIDAYS

Sorry I vanished again towards the end, I started my Christmas shopping on the 2nd Dec, and finally finished and delivered my last Christmas order on the 23rd Dec! :o! It got CRAZY busy!

My aim for next year is to be more prepared, I took on organising an a craft market this year and that plus getting my own stock ready just meant I didn't have time for personal Christmas prep. I didn't get chance to get involved in any of the family Christmas shopping like I ususally do, and all of my boyfriends presents were online orders in the last couple of weeks >.< Even going to buy the tree took a lot of planning.

We had one of the M&S advent calendars (the ones down to £30 with a £30 spend back in Nov) this year, me and mum shared she was even days I was odd. Not all the bits neccesarily to our tastes but nice to try something new! And a few surpirses, like I love the this works pillow spray!! Anyway it made a nice change, so we've refilled it for next year! :D We got a couple of christmas soap and glory sets, most of the travel size fit in, some M&S Christmas socks, I also have a christmas top from Next (down to £6) , and a Christmas Harry Potter t-shirt from Asda (£12 down to £6 too I think) we did have to use one of the soap and glory tins for a couple of days as we couldn't get the body butters or t-shirts to fit, and just put a note in the window. But honestly I can't wait!!

Also got a few rolls of wrapping paper from M&S, and some of their party crowns, they are so cute mini little gold glittery crowns on elastic, I took them to my Christmas meal with my friends, they stay on so much better than cracker crowns!! They may not make it to next Christmas though as I turn 30 this year.

We do still need more paper, and cards for next year though so hopefully there is some left ! EEK!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, ours was nice, quite quiet and relaxed as most of the family is in the same village now :) definitely makes everything much easier! x
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    :happyhear
    (Decluttering - 185/2019 //£'s saved - £32.41 /2019 // Lbs lost - 42/102 )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure