Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 23rd Dec 18, 11:08 AM
    • 176Posts
    • 769Thanks
    Figgi
    Boots Sale
    • 23rd Dec 18, 11:08 AM
    Boots Sale 23rd Dec 18 at 11:08 AM
    Thought I would start the annual thread.

I’m sure someone will find the regular post and share it here.

The sale starts online on Christmas Eve, usually around 4am, last year they did delay it till late afternoon though to stop issues instore with people getting confused on the different pricing

The Mini club sale starts online at same time and instore on Christmas Eve too.

Everything else instore is Christmas Day for those stores open and then the next working day for other stores, so either Boxing Day or 27th depending on opening times
    Last edited by Figgi; 23-12-2018 at 9:05 PM.
Page 4
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Jan 19, 5:08 AM
    • 14,075 Posts
    • 43,580 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Last post on here suggested this upcoming Friday, 16th Jan... Haven't heard anything different since then...
    Originally posted by cazkins
    The 2 times its been a Friday, it wasn't online, So you could be right as they are maybe selling enough online at the 50% off sale.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 14th Jan 19, 6:38 AM
    • 4,563 Posts
    • 4,926 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Last post on here suggested this upcoming Friday, 16th Jan... Haven't heard anything different since then...

16th Jan is Weds....
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 19, 6:46 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    The 2 times its been a Friday, it wasn't online, So you could be right as they are maybe selling enough online at the 50% off sale.
    Originally posted by sarah1972

I don't think we'll ever see the 70% online again.
    What's left will just. crop up again in the summer at 50% off again. It amuses me how they still have last years Christmas stuff at 50% off in the Clearance section, albeit not much left of it!
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 19, 6:52 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    On another note, glad to see Boots learnt there was no demand for a 12 days of Christmas Zoella calendar this year
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Jan 19, 7:19 AM
    • 14,075 Posts
    • 43,580 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I don't think we'll ever see the 70% online again.
    What's left will just. crop up again in the summer at 50% off again. It amuses me how they still have last years Christmas stuff at 50% off in the Clearance section, albeit not much left of it!
    Originally posted by Africat
    I agree. It does make me laugh that last years still crops up at 50%
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • cazkins
    • By cazkins 14th Jan 19, 8:02 AM
    • 308 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    cazkins
    Oops sorry, meant Friday 18th Jan (not 16th). That's what I've seen others suggesting it likely to be and I haven't heard any different. Can't imagine it being online, and it seems stores are a bit hit and miss as to how much stock they have, too.
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 14th Jan 19, 9:21 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    Figgi
    To be honest there are better offers to be had instore in the clearance section rather than the sale. Stores can reduce anynold stock at this time of year to clear storage space. They can take the price down to whatever sells. It is hit and miss but worth a visit to a larger store to have a look.
    • Lavendar
    • By Lavendar 14th Jan 19, 1:39 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Lavendar
    Got some soap and glory shampoo in my local boots for 1 today
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jan 19, 5:25 PM
    • 8,136 Posts
    • 53,994 Thanks
    kerri gt
    On another note, glad to see Boots learnt there was no demand for a 12 days of Christmas Zoella calendar this year
    Originally posted by Africat
    Perhaps they'll try shifting some more in the 70% sale

I think my local was restocking shelves again today, I just don't feel very inspired by it this year. Perhaps there's only so many times you can get excited about deodorant and shower gel packaged three different ways.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 19, 6:31 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    Perhaps they'll try shifting some more in the 70% sale

I think my local was restocking shelves again today, I just don't feel very inspired by it this year. Perhaps there's only so many times you can get excited about deodorant and shower gel packaged three different ways.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    I'm the same, will be getting a few bits for myself but not a deal I've got my eye on tbh...
    Still worth going for the fun of it all though
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 19, 6:34 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    I agree. It does make me laugh that last years still crops up at 50%
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Yeah, those god damn Zoella candles just aren't shifting!
    • cazkins
    • By cazkins 14th Jan 19, 7:39 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    cazkins
    Still no confirmation as to whether it's this Friday then..? Would be a bit last minute if it turned out to be this Wednesday instead to throw us, so I'd doubt it. I don't 'get' the popularity of Zoella stuff, nor how such silly prices get put on it all!
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 14th Jan 19, 9:02 PM
    • 1,163 Posts
    • 4,925 Thanks
    Desperado99
    It's only been the last couple of years (when it switched to Friday) that Boots have actually officially confirmed it, and that was only the evening beforehand (I think last year they may have put it on twitter?). Although the year they switched, they also announced that the sale would NOT be on that weds to try and stop people turning up to stores.

It may well be that the only indication we get is when the website goes offline at midnight the night beforehand. Somehow it makes it a little more fun..... thrill of the chase and all that jazz
    Last edited by Desperado99; 14-01-2019 at 9:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jan 19, 9:11 PM
    • 8,136 Posts
    • 53,994 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I don't 'get' the popularity of Zoella stuff, nor how such silly prices get put on it all!
    I suspect we may not be the target group for Zoella bit like th overpriced plastic tat that Smiggle peddles but the kids all seem to love and 'need' or their life will not be complete....for that week at least
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 14th Jan 19, 9:20 PM
    • 1,163 Posts
    • 4,925 Thanks
    Desperado99
    I wonder if the Harry Potter stuff may be this years most leftover product. That "Scabbers Lip Gloss" might be a really hard sell, you have to wonder who would actually pay 6 for that (or 16 for 3 novelty nail polishes). And I've been to the studio tours so I know overpriced Harry Potter stuff when I see it

P.S. Current Advantage card deals expire tomorrow, so there will be new ones to load onto your cards/apps on Wednesday............ Don't forget to get that done before you head out to the sale
    Last edited by Desperado99; 14-01-2019 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Advantage card reminder
    • Steph919
    • By Steph919 14th Jan 19, 10:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Steph919
    Anyone think it's Wednesday the 16th or does everyone think Friday the 18th? Really hope it's Friday ����
    • loveasale
    • By loveasale 15th Jan 19, 7:07 AM
    • 485 Posts
    • 3,206 Thanks
    loveasale
    Oh how I love this ,,,, it really puts a smile on my face in this gloomy time of year!
    When kids were younger it was great ,, lynx and fcuk stuff they loved ,,, a bit more grown up now and sadly no Dior in the 70% sale ,,,,,
    But like most I will still go , top up my stash , most I use myself , and enjoy the ,,, will it or won’t it !,,
    Las year I got some lovely candles , can’t remember the make , came in a box , really beautiful and much cheaper than other candles of such quality!
    See you Friday !,,
    I will never be rich but I'm happy
    • BabychamPrincess
    • By BabychamPrincess 15th Jan 19, 12:12 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 151,315 Thanks
    BabychamPrincess
    Just found this post, have been looking on HUKD as there is normally lot's of input on the which day guessing game we all love.. But cannot find it anywhere this year in search. The lovely Stork was always helpful on both forums. I thought it might be this Wednesday, but not looking likely now. Good Luck to all, on hopefully a couple of bargains.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 15th Jan 19, 2:08 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    Figgi
    Just found this post, have been looking on HUKD as there is normally lot's of input on the which day guessing game we all love.. But cannot find it anywhere this year in search. The lovely Stork was always helpful on both forums. I thought it might be this Wednesday, but not looking likely now. Good Luck to all, on hopefully a couple of bargains.
    Originally posted by BabychamPrincess

Nope, still no update.

Definitely not tomorrow but nothing yet about Friday.Stores usually find out a couple of days before to allow for staff planning so if it is going to be this week they, and then we, should know by tomorrow night.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Jan 19, 4:57 PM
    • 8,136 Posts
    • 53,994 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I wonder if the Harry Potter stuff may be this years most leftover product. That "Scabbers Lip Gloss" might be a really hard sell, you have to wonder who would actually pay 6 for that (or 16 for 3 novelty nail polishes). And I've been to the studio tours so I know overpriced Harry Potter stuff when I see it
    Originally posted by Desperado99
    I think the HP stuff is a hard lot given there four houses and there will always be favourites for Gryffindor, and Slytherin. I'm not quite sure anyone would want a Scabbers lip gloss either? I mean rat shaped lip gloss - really?

I'd have quite liked a cauldron bath fizzer but if I really they were more expensive full price than Lush!
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,228Posts Today

6,886Users online

Martin's Twitter