Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• cherryrowlands
    Options
    Hi

We are having our Mini Club baby & toddler 70% sale on selected lines this Wednesday 23rd Jan at Boots.

There is no plan as yet for the Boots Christmas stock to go to 70% until at least Feb :-/

employee
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Boots store I was in today had aisles of half price items. Even then they seemed overpriced. You can buy the lynx and dove items cheaper individually and who needs any more sanctuary, though I would imagine that's what I'll get for Mother's Day.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I nipped in before work this morning. Some of the sections had been cleared in line with thir promo change. Including the S&G Star Gifts were and I didn't notice them moved elsewhere in the store with the remaining Christmas stock either. So, wouldn't surprise me if they are held back for Valentines day or Mothers day as mentioned by someone else. Having said that though they do usually reproduce another batch of these so called 'Star gifts' in fresh packaging for Mothers Day at their usual 'Star Gift' price. Even saw the Yankee Candle 'Star Gift' in 'Spring' packaging today.

I did see signs of the large crates making an appearance that they've used the last couple of years for all the oddments to get it out on the shopfloor on 70% day though.
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At this rate it'll happen the usual time of the 90% sale.......

I've a feeling the remaining star gifts will disappear briefly and re-appear as Mothers day gifts at full price.

Maybe that's the plan...........

TBH if they're not reducing the star gifts further, I may as well hold out for the pre-xmas 50% deals and at least get fresh stock.

P.S. Thanks for all the updates Figgi, you're a star :A

As I said earlier it will go down to 70% when the sales drop off at 50%, that hasn’t happened yet even with less stock so they are staying put. To be reviewed weekly.
  • Africat
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    The Boots store I was in today had aisles of half price items. Even then they seemed overpriced. You can buy the lynx and dove items cheaper individually and who needs any more sanctuary, though I would imagine that's what I'll get for Mother's Day.
    Agree, can buy staples such as Dove or Lynx on offer, I've seen Lynx on offer in Wilko for £1 before. If you use your imagination you can put a nice gift together yourself without the usual boring gift set. A few pamper items in a box or bag with a small box of chocolates and a keyring or something along those lines wrapped in tissue paper can look lovely, is more personalised and it shows more thought put into it. If you wanting to spend a bit more throw in a gift card too.
  • Africat
    Options
    Figgi wrote: »
    As I said earlier it will go down to 70% when the sales drop off at 50%, that hasn’t happened yet even with less stock so they are staying put. To be reviewed weekly.

There was definitely plenty buying at 50% off still when I was in on Saturday.
    If it doesn't happen soon though I give up, lol
  • Lavendar
    Lavendar Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I must admit that I got some things for myself that I really wanted in the 50% sale as I worked out it wasn't worth seeing if they were in the 70% sale to save a few pounds and probably miss out on them.
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    I've been to my 3 nearest stores and only one of them has some Jack Wills stuff in that I would consider buying as it will only be £3 in the 70% off sale. There is nothing else that I need/want so depending on which day the 70% starts (if it does) might mean I don't even go. The stuff isn't in the store that I normally go to on 70% day so I'll miss the craic in the queue with people I've met over the last few years. Never mind, things change and move on. I think Boots have changed since they were taken over by the American company (Walgreen??) - whether we ever see the good old days again remains to be seen. I, like others who have commented on here, think a lot of the gift sets are overpriced even at 50% off.
  • PINEAPPLE1234
    PINEAPPLE1234 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2019 at 11:17PM
    Options
    Usually always go to the 50% and 70% sales. This year the store was opened early boxing day and only a handful of people looking for at least the 1st hour and tbh I got very little as felt most things a) overpriced b) given as presents many times before c) the sort of presents I am giving is changing with people preferring posher, handmade or natural gifts. d) mum has still got loads from last years haul.

Even S&G is not popular within the family now and Fat face etc is seen as a cheaper brand like Lynx

I am not going to go to the 70% sale so not fussed when it is if at all, a few years back I would never have thought that.

Just to add the sale on Boxing day for Lush was mad with the queue very long indeed.
  • char18
    char18 Posts: 268 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've give up on the boots sale, while waiting i have got what i need from the other sales (superdrug & wilko), last year at the boots sale i ended up buying loads of stuff i didnt need just because it was 70% off. ended up giving loads away so i didnt save any money, not making the same mistake.
    the gift sets are way to expensive even at the 50% off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport