Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rovato1
    • By Rovato1 5th Jun 16, 4:23 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rovato1
    Barclaycard Lifetime Ban
    • 5th Jun 16, 4:23 PM
    Barclaycard Lifetime Ban 5th Jun 16 at 4:23 PM
    Hello

I held a Barclaycard which defaulted over seven years ago and the outstanding amount was 411.

This is now disappeared from my Credit File and I have applied for a new card after been notified I had a 95% chance of been accepted for a new card.

Barclaycard have just advised they hold onto past information even thou my credit file is in very good standing, the Applications Manager advised if you have ever defaulted in the past should it be 20 years ago you will never get another credit card.

In a nutshell, ever default with a Barclays Credit Card you then get a lifetime ban !

Has anyone heard of this as it was news to me.

Regards
    Brian
Page 4
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 20th Jun 16, 9:59 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    I am posting from mobile so sometimes do spell mistakes.But I am not someone who born in English family with English parents and always proudly announce he can speak good English,He even put in his CV ,speaks English well.Great Welldone
    Can he speak some other language? No
    I will hot be wasting my time on you.
    Bye.
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 20th Jun 16, 11:23 PM
    • 8,977 Posts
    • 25,698 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    I am posting from mobile so sometimes do spell mistakes.But I am not someone who born in English family with English parents and always proudly announce he can speak good English,He even put in his CV ,speaks English well.Great Welldone
    Bye.
    Originally posted by Millsnex23
    Who has on their CV that they speak English well?

My CV states I speak English, along with the other languages I have a working knowledge of. If it's just English, then there's something strange there IMO.
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 21st Jun 16, 8:26 AM
    • 10,845 Posts
    • 7,183 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Bye.
    You appear to have taken massive offence at the possibility being suggested that some of your problems may have been contributed to by not being a native English speaker.

This may not be the case, but it's a possibility and many peoples impression from your posting is that it could be the case.

This is a uk based forum, and so operates in English, it could use other languages which are arguably more British but that would exclude the majority in the country who are ethnically German, Danish or Dutch if you go back far enough.

As we commonly see on these forums you've raised a question, answers have been suggested, some of which you don't like, and you have then taken offence. It's the nature of forums that you'll get a range of advice and comment, some will be good and some bad, but you have to take the rough with the smooth.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 21st Jun 16, 8:29 AM
    • 10,845 Posts
    • 7,183 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Who has on their CV that they speak English well?

My CV states I speak English, along with the other languages I have a working knowledge of. If it's just English, then there's something strange there IMO.
    Originally posted by CKhalvashi
    Most people's cv would state their level of English, though I don't as a default as I am British born.

I'd expect a statement on an international cv, so someone who is either not British or a British person seeking a role overseas, as either native speaker, full professional level, basic, some understanding etc
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 21st Jun 16, 8:55 AM
    • 8,977 Posts
    • 25,698 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    Most people's cv would state their level of English, though I don't as a default as I am British born.

I'd expect a statement on an international cv, so someone who is either not British or a British person seeking a role overseas, as either native speaker, full professional level, basic, some understanding etc
    Originally posted by bigadaj
    I'd expect to see it listed somewhere with qualifications instead of separately, unless there is a working knowledge of languages that you're not qualified in.
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:10 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    I appreciate yours comments but they are irrelevant to actual post.
    After reading all yours comments I am convinced that yours level of English particularly written is ordinary or poor in simple terms.You simply don't know what is grammar,choice of words,sentence sequences ect.This is bit a shame as you guys have world class educational institutions.
    You are trying to be champion in English but look yours level of written English.Look again?
    I was thinking, they accusing me of English but their own wriiten English is appealing.
    Please take a prints of these yours comments to any English Teacher and asked,Is this is correct English?You will get slapped by lot of red marks and a advisce to get some English course.
    You can disagree but this is what I judged from yours written comments.Sorry

First go and correct yours English skills then start blaming others.If you sit in any professional English Exams,you will simply fail.I have appriciated if you where English but speaking with me in my native language then I can say what talented man.
    You are English so speak English,how you can get pride in that.For what? Every child born in this world speaks his native language.Not?
    As I said it a shame,yours written English is appealing.No don't bite me because I show you mirror.
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:16 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23

Originally posted by bigadaj
    Can this be called a correct English Sentence in proper sequence? You will find these type of sentence in comprehensive paragraphs where applicants are asked to correct these sentence.Not?
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 21st Jun 16, 2:16 PM
    • 975 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    After reading all yours comments I am convinced that yours level of English particularly written is ordinary or poor in simple terms.You simply don't know what is grammar,choice of words,sentence sequences ect.This is bit a shame as you guys have world class educational institutions.
    You are trying to be champion in English but look yours level of written English.Look again?
    I was thinking, they accusing me of English but their own wriiten English is appealing.
    Please take a prints of these yours comments to any English Teacher and asked,Is this is correct English?You will get slapped by lot of red marks and a advisce to get some English course.

First go and correct yours English skills then start blaming others.If you sit in any professional English Exams,you will simply fail.I have appriciated if you where English but speaking with me in my native language then I can say what talented man.
    You are English so speak English,how you can get pride in that.For what? Every child born in this world speaks his native language.Not?
    As I said it a shame,yours written English is appealing.No don't bite me because I show you mirror.
    You need a space after you've used punctuation, like this.

I had a Barclaycard as a student (23 years ago) and fell into arrears then. I paid it all off a few years later. I bank with Barclays, and was approved for a Barclaycard last month. The credit limit is tiny though. Maybe it helps if you bank with Barclays and you don't go overdrawn?
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    I'd expect to see it listed somewhere with qualifications instead of separately, unless there is a working knowledge of languages that you're not qualified in.
    Sorry is this sentence is correct in sequence and grammer? Not
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 21st Jun 16, 2:20 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 2,052 Thanks
    MABLE

We are asked to be nice to newbies but in your case I am finding it very difficult.
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:20 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    A perfect English sentence?
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:26 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    You need a space after you've used punctuation, like this.

I had a Barclaycard as a student (23 years ago) and fell into arrears then. I paid it all off a few years later. I bank with Barclays, and was approved for a Barclaycard last month. The credit limit is tiny though. Maybe it helps if you bank with Barclays and you don't go overdrawn?
    Originally posted by CakeCrusader
    This sentence can be said in more simple and direct sequence.Again grammer and sequence error.
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 2:31 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    As I said before please relevant topic only.I hope we will back to actually topic.You can discuss other topic in general forum.
    • than_prutt
    • By than_prutt 21st Jun 16, 3:12 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    than_prutt
    What's going on? Although, I have to admit that this is tasty! Who cares about Barclaycard? Keep it coming!!
    • mwarby
    • By mwarby 21st Jun 16, 5:29 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    mwarby
    The way Barclaycard were going a few years back must have made a lifetime ban difficult. I'm referring to the numerous cards they took over, I had 3 in my IVA only 1 was Barclaycard to start with. I wonder if they just dump banned people on takeover, or if this is not allowed
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 21st Jun 16, 6:10 PM
    • 3,222 Posts
    • 2,121 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    But that's good, isn't it? - 'Appealing' means pleasing and attractive.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/appealing

What is wrong with pleasing and attractive written English?
    • Millsnex23
    • By Millsnex23 21st Jun 16, 9:59 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Millsnex23
    But that's good, isn't it? - 'Appealing' means pleasing and attractive.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/appealing

What is wrong with pleasing and attractive written English?
    Originally posted by bengal-stripe
    Pleasing word don't fit in this sentence. Not? Although you copied from dictionary.
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 22nd Jun 16, 12:17 PM
    • 3,222 Posts
    • 2,121 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    Pleasing word don't fit in this sentence. Not?
    Yes, you are right: appealing (pleasing) is the wrong word in this context, but that's the word you have chosen. You presumably wanted to pick the word 'appalling', which means more or less the exact opposite.

There is a hell of a difference between appealing and appalling!
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 22nd Jun 16, 12:22 PM
    • 2,491 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    20aday
    I had financial difficulties in the past and one of my creditors was HSBC.

Earlier on in the year when they had the switching incentive I applied but was declined; I've destroyed the letter but I'm sure there was a sentence within that mentioned account conduct with them.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 22nd Jun 16, 12:22 PM
    • 10,845 Posts
    • 7,183 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Yes, you are right: appealing (pleasing) is the wrong word in this context, but that's the word you have chosen. You presumably wanted to pick the word 'appalling', which means more or less the exact opposite.

There is a hell of a difference between appealing and appalling!
    Originally posted by bengal-stripe
    Don't criticise his English!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

407Posts Today

4,919Users online

Martin's Twitter