Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am Sooo ready for the weekend. A stressful week is making me have very strange dreams!

This is where I wish I had Fridays off. Roll on mortgage freedom and part time work. :)
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 1 May 2015 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Payday for DH so money transferred to cover food and petrol costs. His wages were £52.** better than expected so extra £2 ish sent as a huge Tilly tidy and the other £50 paid off the smallest cc.

Requested £20 from TCB and paid that off cc too. Will let the money replenish the account when it arrives as I was far too impatient to wait! Balance for swimming lessons due by next week, will pay as late as poss via cheque :D

I really need to make these costs as part of SOA as its about £5-600 a year to find in trembly installments. Haha, that's meant to say termly but maybe auto correct is better! :rotfl:

£14 sent with dd to pay for school trips, wow these children are expensive!
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me stepping in Cath
    May I ask how early children can get swimming lessons? I'm a weak swimmer, Mrs E is a non-swimmer, so vital that daughter learns! :)

Mr E - My Mum took me to the pool from about a year old onwards and got me used to the water though I didn't really have lessons until the age of 3 or so. My Dad couldn't swim and took lessons at the same time as I learnt. It was nice that we did it together
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    I am Sooo ready for the weekend.

It's here now ;) - hope you have a lovely long weekend :)
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a happy weekend.x
  • CathT
    Options
    BookWorm wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me stepping in Cath

Mr E - My Mum took me to the pool from about a year old onwards and got me used to the water though I didn't really have lessons until the age of 3 or so. My Dad couldn't swim and took lessons at the same time as I learnt. It was nice that we did it together

That's nice you did it together. When I was at the gym this week (using a free pass of course!) I saw a few family swims and it looked like lots of fun.

Yay, weekend is upon us, thanks Al. We celebrated with wine!

Have a few things I want to do today so here is a list!

1) run 10km
    2) put bathroom back together (removed boxing in to get to pipes)
    3) put some new vinyl tiles down in bathroom to replace ones damaged from leak
    4) read gas and elec meters
    5) put oil in car
    6) deep clean bathrooms

Think that's enough for now. Am searching for motivation for job number 1 but as I am only on my 2nd coffee and it's raining won't be happening any time soon!

Money news? Current account reward money in so shuffled and paid £9 off cc. Also sorted out some pay issues so will be a little bit better off this month and am due some back pay. :j

Undecided whether to pay it off cc or get extension plans drawn up so we can get some quotes. I am 95% sure we are not moving. The other 5% allows me to browse rightmove daily :D
  • CathT
    Options

Have a few things I want to do today so here is a list!

[STRIKE]1) run 10km
    2) put bathroom back together (removed boxing in to get to pipes)
    3) put some new vinyl tiles down in bathroom to replace ones damaged from leak
    4) read gas and elec meters
    5) put oil in car
    6) deep clean bathrooms[/STRIKE]

I've done everything off my list and it's only 2pm, pretty pleased with that! :j :jGas and elec meters readings have been submitted and we are using under our estimated use.

Am going to nip to Mr T as we have run out of fruit and are running out of coffee which are essentials in this house. I have a £3 off £20 voucher so can use that. Children also want to make pizzas so we need a few more ingredients for that. After that I think we will stick on a film and i'll half watch that while reading a book which is partly work related but be useful in personal life too.

Signature updated, all looking good for yearly target.
  • CathT
    Options
    Have had a pretty good day. Woke up at 6:45am (that is late here) to realise DH had already been to work for a bit so he then took the children swimming. I made the most of the free time and went swimming myself. On way back treated myself to some new running gear from a cheap sports shop and lots of fruit from @ldi. I know how to spoil myself!

Noticed on my daily checking that I had £21 payable in TCB so requested that and have sent that plus a bit extra to cc. I am probably being rather ambitious but am hoping to survive on the £20 cash I have in my purse until the 15th. Food and petrol already budgeted for and can be spent on cc.

Also managed to do some work related coursework today so feel much better now some more of that is out of the way. We are lucky to have lots of training but the demands of the extra work are not so appealing. Did some work yesterday too which I forgot to add to my list of morning tasks.

I have also been researching local architects and trying to imagine our house with the extension. Finding the money to pay for it however is requiring a lot more creativity!
  • CathT
    edited 4 May 2015 at 7:31AM
    Options
    Since I have been awake since 2am due to one bed-hopping child I am feeling alert enough to do a quick SOA.

I know there are more sophisticated ones on here as this isn't so much about where we can cut back as we do this already. It is more about acknowledging our income and outgoings.

Income
    Me 1500
    DH 1126
    Total 2626

Outgoings
    Bills - 1137
    Food/petrol 500
    Nursery 100
    Cc payments 175
    Total 1912

Surplus income £714

So where does it all go?

These figures are from July amd take into account my recent payrise and hugely reduced nursery fees. I have increased the food budget by £100 as we inevitably spend more than £400.
    We are not huge earners but DH does bring home more than this, I've always based his earnings on pre payrise figures as the extra has gone towards our cc. We also receive around £137 in CB but again not included this as I pay this off cc too!

One area we need to address is pension planning. DH has a private pension he pays £50 a month into but we are both aware this is not enough, he is late 30's.

We also have no savings!
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    So where does it all go?

I keep asking myself the same question.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
Meet your Ambassadors