I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 February 2019 at 3:08AM
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Really? Does it actually have anything to do with you? I don't recall her saying she'd cashed in any Euros. And why would she when she has regular holidays in EU? It's hardly any of our business even if she needs more Euros for spending money.

Huge sigh.
    Non of Mooloos life has anything to do with any of us that type or lurk on here. But she chooses to let us all read about it. I first typed as I was shocked that she was going on holiday again when she had stated that she would have to rein her spending in in February.

Mooloo has typed in an above post that she had cashed in some Euros but found some more.

Believe it or not, I admire the lady very much. I couldn't cope with a tenth of what she copes with.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I am still feeling positive today. Sun out helps.
    Tax Credits have adjusted my payment, and I have received about £280 more today than I usually do. So I have moved it into savings, as the last time they adjusted it, it meant future payments were going down. Last time it reduced by £40 a week. So I am going to be very careful until the paperwork catches up with the money.
    I don't intend to get behind with my money.

I brought some work home to do but decided to leave it till this morning, however I had some terrible nightmares and a lot of tossing around in between so I only managed to do one dress hem and one pair of trousers this morning.
    Time to go back to the shop.
    Have a morning of fittings ahead and then I will sew as much as I can.
    I would like to work on the website this evening if I can.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Mooloo have yo ever considered an actual hard copy diary, where you don't have to justify yourself?
    Too many us dabble in a bit of amateur counselling on here and I doubt it is that healthy.
    Now I think of it, you mentioned diaries re writing a book ?
    I am aware there is a certain irony in me posting this but you have my word I'll,not post my thoughts on your thread again. Having seen how it has become a kind of hobby for some.

Why do you think people write about their personal lives, hopes and fears on an open forum? They post for other people’s thought, opinions and arguments.

If Mooloo choose she could (and does with her more private thoughts) write them down in a diary that is private but writing here and getting opinion is therapeutic to her.

I do not read or write here regularly, maybe once a month but I do see traits as do others and occasionally write down my thoughts as do others.

Maybe they make people stand back and think, maybe they don’t, I always preface them with the fact they are my thoughts only, but some of us have professional experience and others life experience.

It is for Mooloo to say if she wants people to continue to post, if she says she does not then I for one will stop my occasional post. I believe that Mooloo finds support from the ‘hobby posters’ you describe rather than the need to justify herself.

Just my thoughts.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Mooloo have yo ever considered an actual hard copy diary, where you don't have to justify yourself?
    Too many us dabble in a bit of amateur counselling on here and I doubt it is that healthy.
    Now I think of it, you mentioned diaries re writing a book ?
    I am aware there is a certain irony in me posting this but you have my word I'll,not post my thoughts on your thread again. Having seen how it has become a kind of hobby for some.

I have about 80 journals all hand written since 1993. Probably more.
    I constantly write them, but not every single day. I can write them in fits and starts, but I use them to brainstorm/mindmap and to work out my scrambled thoughts.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all!

I kept my head down yesterday as I am a newcomer to this thread and really don't know enough to voice an opinion. I agree that posts are in the public domain and open for discussion but I don't think that is an excuse for infighting or backbiting of the kind I have often seen on various forums/fora across the www.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    ognum wrote: »
    Why do you think people write about their personal lives, hopes and fears on an open forum? They post for other people’s thought, opinions and arguments.

If Mooloo choose she could (and does with her more private thoughts) write them down in a diary that is private but writing here and getting opinion is therapeutic to her.

I do not read or write here regularly, maybe once a month but I do see traits as do others and occasionally write down my thoughts as do others.

Maybe they make people stand back and think, maybe they don’t, I always preface them with the fact they are my thoughts only, but some of us have professional experience and others life experience.

It is for Mooloo to say if she wants people to continue to post, if she says she does not then I for one will stop my occasional post. I believe that Mooloo finds support from the ‘hobby posters’ you describe rather than the need to justify herself.

Just my thoughts.

Yes I find it helpful to get opinions, or just areply, I don't feel quite so alone withthe group of regular posters. I realise though that my choices are mine alone and doesn't necessarily mean that everyone reading will agree.
    I sometimes think that with the written word it is difficult to always interpret responses in the way a poster might have written it.
    Unlike inna book we don't get discriptive comments around a phrase or sentences that would denote surprise or concern or light hearted warnings etc.
    I don't like it when people jump on the band wagon of putting each other down because they might have taken something out of context or concentrate on a small detail rather than the whole.
    As I have said before, I understand that I am open to criticism and therefore I try not to jump on negative points of view but I also try to follow the course of reason that can be given.

I am happy enough to carry on without any mud slinging between others.
    As MSE say, be kind to other posters.
  • Mooloo wrote: »
    Yes I find it helpful to get opinions, or just areply, I don't feel quite so alone withthe group of regular posters. I realise though that my choices are mine alone and doesn't necessarily mean that everyone reading will agree.
    I sometimes think that with the written word it is difficult to always interpret responses in the way a poster might have written it.
    Unlike inna book we don't get discriptive comments around a phrase or sentences that would denote surprise or concern or light hearted warnings etc.
    I don't like it when people jump on the band wagon of putting each other down because they might have taken something out of context or concentrate on a small detail rather than the whole.
    As I have said before, I understand that I am open to criticism and therefore I try not to jump on negative points of view but I also try to follow the course of reason that can be given.

I am happy enough to carry on without any mud slinging between others.
    As MSE say, be kind to other posters.

I agree with this. Many of us have followed Mooloo's journey over the years . I do believe Mooloo considers it somewhere she can discuss the things going on , the plans she has etc among people who wish her well.

We all have different experiences in our lives that cause us to find a way through difficult times , to cope with change and life's ups and downs and although not the same as Mooloo's can give us the means to advise and support . No one is claiming to be a qualified professional but learning to cope and get through real life experience you can't get from text books or courses .

I can be blunt , nag a bit and never do the Oh poor you thing either in real life or online when a few other words may be more constructive and helpful in the long run. As far as I'm aware I have never been cruel or unkind . I don't act like that in real life or online. It's nasty and unhelpful . Things such as the euros or no euros on Sunday night take a thread off course and are pretty pointless

My post about remembering there were still Euros was my "Inconvenient memory" recently mentioned coming in to play but failed to stop the debate Those of us who've followed the annual threads know of the diaries etc and the various savings pots although I wasn't sure whether she'd had to use any money from the pots recently We all know from her posts on this thread how she funded reducing her debt in a big way with a date this year for it be finally gone.

No one who has recently started following can know the bigger picture or be expected to unless they read back over the years .

One thing is Mooloo did something very brave and potentially heart breaking recently. I was proud of her for acting as she did . Gentle support and encouragement is more important than what happened to the Euros.
    polly.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have a fab holiday you need a break
  • Savvy_sewing
    Bozwood wrote: »
    Have a fab holiday you need a break

I don't need a break as such, but I get your point, my life can sometimes be a battle field but I certainly can say that at the end of the day I certainly will be able to say I have travelled a long road.
    I will always take any opportunity to visit other places and take time to experience life differently than just staying at home doing the same old.
    On my walk to work (which I have done every day since Dgd started to cycle to school), I see many regular faces. Yesterday I spoke to a dog walker I have only normally smiled and said good morning to. She is usually with another lady, and I made a comment on the fact she was on her own. She too does granny duties, feels the SAD and she said that some times when people ask her how she is she just wants to say. Same S hit different day.
    She is 75. Today I was on the opposite side of the road, but we both looked up and waved.
    Of course she knew I was the Seamstress but I didn't know that until we took 5 minutes to talk.
    I know that I will be even more aware of her each day, and I will be concerned if I don't see her on any future day. I would like to hope that we do not have to think that life is the way she described it. If I could think of something to do that I could change her feelings I would. I would like to find that different day for her.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mooloo, I love the way you look upwards and outwards at other people, whereas it is all too easy to focus only inwards, on oneself. Just a few moments to talk to, or smile at, someone else can make a huge difference to them :)
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport