Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• for anybody trying to phone solarplicity who always have ridiculous wait times then there is an app you can use to help a bit

its called WeQ4U

The way it works is you call the phone number via the app - as soon as you get put in the queue you can then dial 9* & the call disconnects BUT the app still waits in the queue for you

As soon as the agent answers, say an hour later - yes really that long when it comes to solarplicity, the app alerts you and reconnects the agent to your phone

This has two main advantages :

1) you dont have to pay phone charges for waiting in the queue or use up your inclusive minutes

2) you dont have to listen to elevator music on your phone for an hour which also limits what else you can be doing for that hour you are waiting - with the app you just have to have the phone nearby so you can hear the app alert
  • Good Stuff

Simple and easy switch and then the swap from a normal electric meter to a smart one went with no problems.

Bad Stuff

First attempt to replace the gas meter for a smart one didn't happen because the engineer didn't turn up. The appointment was for between 1-6 and when I rang at 5 to see if the engineer was coming I was told they had til 6 to get here. When I rang to find out why they missed the appointment I was told that they wasn't sure but would let me know what went wrong but they never did.

Second attempt again was between 1-6 and again I rang them at 5 only to be told the appointment was booked but no engineer has been allocated so they wouldn't be coming. Again I asked to be contacted with an explanation and again I heard nothing.

Third attempt and again it was between 1-6 and again they missed the appointment.

At the moment I have 2 ongoing complaints regarding failed visits, lack of communication, 2 good will gesture payments for failed visits (doesn't include the last failed visit) that they've failed to credit my account with even though the claims were put in over a month ago, no response to emails even if they are marked as urgent and to get in touch with me ASAP and finally ringing them at 5.10 only to hear an automated message to say the lines were closed and they the close at 5.30! Even their website says they close at 5.30 and when I rang them next day the excuse was their phone lines cut off if they have calls that will be queuing after 5.30 but surely they should be staffed adequately to keep their lines open til 5.30!

The customer services is now based in South Africa so last week I asked to for the number to speak to the Data Management team in the UK to find out what was happening with my good will claims, as they hadn't responded to emails from myself and customer services agents, and first off all I was given a number that used to be theirs but is now dead so I rang back and asked to speak to a manager for the correct number to speak to the switchboard in the UK and this time the number rang for a minute and then went to voicemail. I rang CS's again and they didn't believe me til they tried both numbers and got the same results I did. It would seem the only way they can communicate with Head Office in the UK is via email so god help them if their lines go down in South Africa and they have to rely on sending an email to Head Office and anyone actually reading it!

I'm now waiting for a call from the Data Management team after a manager at CS's emailed them to contact me urgently. The manager said they should ring me immediately but the was some 3 hours ago!

They may be the cheapest on the market but you really get what you pay for with Solarplicity!

TBC
    Always looking for a bargain and to help
  • brads39 wrote: »
    Thanks, TSB are refunding last direct debit from Feb. I am still about seven quid out of pocket but i will live with that.

Just called TSB to find out why I hadn’t had my DD refunded yet. They said it didn’t qualify under the DD guarantee scheme but they couldn’ t tell me why. I had to start a complaint and they were also unable to say why it didn’t qualify. It has now been escalated to a higher complaints department which could take 8 weeks to investigate.
    I have hea d nothing from Solarplicity about the refund they were processing two months ago.
  • I've been with Solarplicity since September 2017 and have been quite happy with them.....until today.
    I am a low user of energy, gas 5020kwh, electricity 1650kwh per year which costs £412 per year and Solarplicity were the cheapest supplier I could find. The switch went smoothly and as I've said I was perfectly happy with them.
    I received an email from them today informing me that my tariff, Fair Market Price Variable is being discontinued from 26th October and their next best tariff (Smart Fixed September 2018) will cost me £151.89 MORE per year.
    Now I appreciate energy is getting more expensive but a hike of £151.89 per year for a low user is ridiculous.
    I have since been back on the Cheap energy Club and changed to Out Fox The Market which is costing £456 per year or £44 more than my current Solarplicity tariff.
  • Have been trying to get my credit since 4 months back. LED lights, lol, total joke.
    Have now cancelled my DD and given the massive price hike I'll be leaving them asap.
    I've told them I'm taking them to county court for the rest of my money which will even if leaving on 25th October still be in the region of £75+.
    I'm not far away from the head office so tempted to go round and demand a payment there and then!
    Have they been cheap, yes, would I rather spend more for a company that has better CS and honours what they offer, absolutely. Luckily the new company I'll be switching to are only £40 a year more so not a total shocker given the recent price rises!
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've been with Solarplicity since September 2017 and have been quite happy with them.....until today.
    I am a low user of energy, gas 5020kwh, electricity 1650kwh per year which costs £412 per year and Solarplicity were the cheapest supplier I could find. The switch went smoothly and as I've said I was perfectly happy with them.
    I received an email from them today informing me that my tariff, Fair Market Price Variable is being discontinued from 26th October and their next best tariff (Smart Fixed September 2018) will cost me £151.89 MORE per year.
    Now I appreciate energy is getting more expensive but a hike of £151.89 per year for a low user is ridiculous.
    I have since been back on the Cheap energy Club and changed to Out Fox The Market which is costing £456 per year or £44 more than my current Solarplicity tariff.

That is a variable tariff, so could rocket as Solarplicity.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• It took Solarplicity several months (literally) to move my electricity over. Gas took just a few weeks. But it does mean that I have not had an electricity bill in 2018. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow as my fist bill is due to be available then.
    And yesterday I receive an email saying that that for electricity standing charge has gone from 0p/day to 12p/day and actual electricity from 12p to 17p per unit.
    And there is uproar when the big 6 increase their bills by 5%. Obviously no one is looking at the smaller players.
    I do realise they probably underpriced their initial offer to get to the top of the comparison sites but that is one large increase. For me it means a doubling of my bill.
    Back to the comparison sites. I know MSE complain about the energy companies ut perhaps it is time to focus on the challanger companies too.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    What emails?

I am on the Fair Market Price Variable tariff and have not received any email notifying of any upcoming price changes. Are they being selective about which customers are affected?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    fabsaver wrote: »
    What emails?

I am on the Fair Market Price Variable tariff and have not received any email notifying of any upcoming price changes. Are they being selective about which customers are affected?

I got same email.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family