Asda Price Guarantee to be scrapped - MSE News

[BThe Asda Price Guarantee will be scrapped from 3 October, the supermarket has announced[/B]...
Read the full story:
'Asda Price Guarantee to be scrapped'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 September 2018 at 3:50PM
  • They couldn't even spell 'guarantee' correctly in the email I had from them. It was spelt as 'Guarntee' in one of the biggest typefaces on the screen.

Muppets.
    Next post follows in a moment ...
  • alanq
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 September 2018 at 10:50AM
    The MSE article says "ASDA says the scheme, which has run since 2010, will continue as normal until 3 October - you won't be able to redeem vouchers after then."

What ASDA says is "You can continue to check your shop as normal here until the 3rd of October, and you'll have 28 days after you check to redeem your voucher."
    https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/

As posted by myself and other members, the APG checker has not been working for at least 2 days. Let's hope it is functioning correctly when the deadline approachs or ASDA will have an even bigger PR disaster.
  • [FONT=&quot]Since Asda announced to scrap APG scheme, I was not able to print any voucher. It's website still allows the users to compare the shop but won't work when I tried to login to print the voucher.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I tried different times each day but the same pop up window "Oh Dear!" was displayed with messages "We seem to be having problems. Don't worry, the tech wizards are hard at work and we hope to be back and running in no time. Please check back later to compare you shop."

This made me wonder if ASDA is going to cheat customers by stopping anyone print vouchers until 3dr October 2018.

Has anyone been able to print vouchers and what was the latest time you were able to do that?[/FONT]
  • I’ve been trying for two days now. They calculate the difference but won’t let you log in to print voucher.
  • Dilly
    Dilly Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Me also
    I expect they have no intention of giving any further vouchers
    They are hopeless to contact. You can't even message them via Facebook
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    [FONT=&quot]This made me wonder if ASDA is going to cheat customers by stopping anyone print vouchers until 3dr October 2018.[/FONT]

It appears to be the case, I hope to be proved wrong.

If they tell a porkie and blame their IT system and it magically works again in the next day or so then that is forgivable even if incorrect, if they continue to stop people logging in to their site for APG's then it cannot be a coincidence, (especially as it happened on the day they emailed customers) - this will be malice aforethought on their part, so intentional - and will severely annoy many customers which will affect their standing with many customers.

If you can't trust your employer you resign, if you can't trust a supermarket chain you go to their competition.

Could be a request for Martin to get on the phone and chat with them please?? :money:
  • TOP_CAT
    TOP_CAT Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Asda site might be working it took my email address from a laptop but will have to print vouchers later at home to confirm the site is diffenately back up and working ..
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes, it's working again nicely!
  • alanq
    Combo Breaker First Post
    alanq wrote: »
    The MSE article says "ASDA says the scheme, which has run since 2010, will continue as normal until 3 October - you won't be able to redeem vouchers after then."

What ASDA says is "You can continue to check your shop as normal here until the 3rd of October, and you'll have 28 days after you check to redeem your voucher."
    https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/

I tried posting here, emailing the team as required and PMing MSE Callum at the weekend yet this week's newsletter has gone out linking to the uncorrected information. Poor show MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure