IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Outrageous

Options
2»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2018 at 2:43PM
    Options
    GlamGran wrote: »
    If so I think that the appropriate response to UKCPM would be the one size fits all letter as the registered keeper plus as per the additional section on the template letter which suggests attaching hospital or loss of earning receipts the RK could attach a copy of their receipt from Costa who are located on the Business Park to prove they were not just parking there on a whim? Am I correct? Sorry can't work out how to attach the letter I have prepared.
    In my opinion, you would be unwise to add anything at all to the template appeal text*.

The reason I say that is once again you have shown that you do not understand that you need to differentiate between the driver and the keeper.

Of course the keeper could attach a copy of the driver's receipt.

Please find this text in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and read the linked info:
    "- this is why not to name the driver (thanks to The Slithy Tove for this explanation):"

*but as C-M has already pointed out, no point in appealing late.
  • GlamGran
    GlamGran Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your advice. UKCPM have now issued a Formal Demand in which they say that if the full amount is not paid within 28 days from the day after the date on which this notice was given and the name and full address of the driver of the vehicle is not paid the fine will increase to £149. I have complained to the Business Park and to my MP regarding the PCN and am awaiting their response. On the reverse of the FD there are details of the appeals process identical to that on the PCN. Is it worth appealing the FD? What is the next step once a Formal Demand has been issued?

Thanks everyone for your advice.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the next step once a Formal Demand has been issued?

Ignore it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you read post #11

Indignation doesn't cut it. You parked in a controlled area. You were unaware it was controlled becuase - as is usual with this lot - the signs were difficult to see. It is not rocket science as most of these parking companies would have difficulties in flipping burgers.

Stick with the advice and don't overthink it.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you keep calling it a fine? It is an invoice from a well known scammer, probably an ex clamper, You need to get a griop on this, treat it with the respect it deserves.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 July 2018 at 9:56PM
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your advice. UKCPM have now issued a Formal Demand in which they say that if the full amount is not paid within 28 days from the day after the date on which this notice was given and the name and full address of the driver of the vehicle is not paid the fine will increase to £149. I have complained to the Business Park and to my MP regarding the PCN and am awaiting their response. On the reverse of the FD there are details of the appeals process identical to that on the PCN. Is it worth appealing the FD? What is the next step once a Formal Demand has been issued?

Thanks everyone for your advice.

UKCPM are complete idiots and "formal demand" means nothing
    from these scammers.

They simply cannot add anything else on above the face
    value of the ticket.

You most certainly will not tell them who the driver was, that is
    what they are phishing for.

No point in using their independent appeals process called
    the IPC/IAS as that is another huge scam set up by
    Gladstones solicitors

Next step will be a stupid powerless debt collector chasing
    you and adding on £60 which is also the biggest load
    of rubbish .
    UNDERSTAND DEBT COLLECTORS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74595605#post74595605

The scam goes around in a circle and you might get a
    letter from Gladstones solicitors, the scam master.

If that says LBC (letter before claim) then come back here
    for all the help you need. Gladstones is a highly incompetent
    solicitor.

You need to confirm to your MP that UKCPM are
    attempting to extort money from you

• GlamGran
    Options
    I have now had responses from both the Business Park Manager - basically upholds UKCPM actions, says they are a reputable company (ha ha) and that as my appeal has been rejected and there are no extenuating circumstances I should pay up! How he knows that my appeal has been rejected since I did not appeal due to missing the appeal deadline as I was on holiday, and how he knows that there were no extenuating circumstances I don't know.

The advice from my MP is to also pay the fine as "previous representations to this company on behalf of another constituent, albeit concerning parking in a different location, met with no success." which is not the response I would have expected.

I have looked at the thread which lists successful outcomes for other people but can't see any relating to UKCPM - I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a successful outcome against UKCPM.

Thanks once again for all your advice- I have to say that this whole thing has caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety at a time when I am least able to cope with it all so your advice and support is most appreciated.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I
    I have looked at the thread which lists successful outcomes for other people but can't see any relating to UKCPM - I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a successful outcome against UKCPM.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5879258
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Poke this into Google, then fill your (and your MP's) boots.
    Parking Prankster UKCPM
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport