We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

how often do you get a win?

every day? every other day? once or twice a week?

or are your wins more spaced out?

Comments

• nikkikayj
    nikkikayj Posts: 802
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Completely randomly! Might not have one for 3 months and then have 3 in a day!
  • gethro
    gethro Posts: 934
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I spend a lot of time doing comps and get about 2 wins a month,keep thinking about giving up but then another win comes along and i get the bug again :)
  • sineadoreb
    sineadoreb Posts: 481 Forumite
    Jan and feb, I had about three to four wins a week on average, this month, I've had two wins in total.. It gets a bit disheartening sometimes, but I know I'm lucky, having won what I have won over the last two months! how about you tinkerbell?
    Thank you, to all those who make the comps forum, what it is.
  • gethro wrote: »
    I spend a lot of time doing comps and get about 2 wins a month,keep thinking about giving up but then another win comes along and i get the bug again :)

defo never give up, its worth it if you win stuff and you never know if that next email, knock on the door or phone call will be a win lol
    sineadoreb wrote: »
    Jan and feb, I had about three to four wins a week on average, this month, I've had two wins in total.. It gets a bit disheartening sometimes, but I know I'm lucky, having won what I have won over the last two months! how about you tinkerbell?

mine come in fits and starts, had a good start to march with almost a win every other day, slowing down now though

not that im complaining, very happy with what ive won so far this month
  • Car73
    Car73 Posts: 367 Forumite
    I averaged about a win a month last year.

Had two really good wins in January, a smaller win in Feb and nothing since.

Not complaining though - sure the comping fairy will visit me again soon and even if she doesn't think I have had it pretty good last 9 months!
    :grouphug::lovethoug:lovethoug Keeping busy very important at the moment. Lost my loving partner this year. Always in my thoughts.
  • mah1
    mah1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    I only started a month ago but all ive won are 2 bottles of wine.
    Need a win soon to keep me going!

Must have entered 800+ competitions in the last 7 days. (and done at least 50 per day prior to that for 3 weeks.

Mainly online but also sent off around 60 postal comps as well.

Hope a win is coming soon.
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I started off with a good jan and feb and had nothing in March, a few of my comps that ive entered wont have finished yet.

Was doing quite a few on fb but have to admit to getting a bit bored of all the like n share thing, dont know about anyone else?
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I can go months between wins but mainly because I am erratic about entering. However, since winning the £1,000 TK Maxx gift card last month I have started to do more every day.

This month I haven't won a bean but I just enjoy entering and don't expect to win all the time.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• I was averaging a win a week throughout the Autumn but only 5 in 2012 is about one a fortnight.

Three of the 2012 wins were by the 6 Jan so i've only had 2 wins in over 2 months (a CD boxset and a signed book)

My best win recently was an unlikely 4 numbers on the lottery which paid £57.The first time i've ever had more than a tenner on the lottery
  • tesuhoha wrote: »
    I can go months between wins but mainly because I am erratic about entering. However, since winning the £1,000 TK Maxx gift card last month I have started to do more every day.

This month I haven't won a bean but I just enjoy entering and don't expect to win all the time.

oh yeah same here, helps take away the pain im in

doesnt stop me imagining winning though lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family