Alliance and leicester online banking down?

Options

Comments

• peawack
    peawack Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Night-owl wrote: »
    Hi

For the record everyone should have ben sent a new 8 digit customer number by post, the pin will remain the same unless you ask them to change it.
    For those who have not got a 8 digit customer number and cant log on to internet banking then you need to ring or call into your bank tomorrow.
    Internet banking is working again fine for me.
    You may want to try deleting cookies and trying again.

Tried that but the PIN was not accepted with the new ID number. The new PIN number has not arrived after 2 weeks !
    Peter
  • Night-owl_6
    Night-owl_6 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Options
    peawack wrote: »
    Tried that but the PIN was not accepted with the new ID number. The new PIN number has not arrived after 2 weeks !

Give A & L customer service a ring, they are open 24hrs.
    You want the internet banking department.
    There might be a problem there end, however it was to my understanding that your old log-in details worked until the end of June:confused:
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

Due to certain users I no longer wish to use this forum
  • Sue_D_4
    Sue_D_4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Matt123 wrote: »
    Homepage is not working for me at the moment, but you can get to online banking using the address - https://www.mybank.alliance-leicester.co.uk/

Thank you for the link!
    I've been trying to get into my account for 4 days!
    Can't understand why it's suddenly changed! gggrrr!
  • Night-owl_6
    Options
    Just checked homepage;

It should be working fine???!!
    If you still have problems I recommend that you contact the internet banking desk
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

• TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    Sue_D wrote: »
    Thank you for the link!
    I've been trying to get into my account for 4 days!
    Can't understand why it's suddenly changed! gggrrr!

Are you with O2 broadband?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Essenchill
    Essenchill Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but why would you get a problem with a website only from one particular internet provider? I have no idea how or why this would happen??
  • Night-owl_6
    Options
    Advice for al A & L customers if you are having prblems loggin in to internet banking:

Logging in / logging out

Problems logging in

If you encounter problems logging in, check the following:
    • That you are entering the correct Customer ID (8 digits) and correct Customer PIN (5 digits).
    • When you log in for the very first time, you change your Customer PIN to one of your own choosing. After that, the PIN in your registration welcome letter is no longer valid and you must use your chosen PIN for all future log-ins.
    • If you have previously selected 'Remember my Customer ID' but your Customer ID is not displayed when trying to log in, it may because you have deleted the cookies from your computer and you will need to re-check the box. Alternatively it may because you are using a different computer (e.g. if you use Internet Banking from home and work).
    If you have forgotten your Customer ID or PIN, either select 'Forgotten your Customer ID?' or 'Forgotten your Customer PIN?' or contact the Internet Banking Helpdesk on 0844 800 11 44. From outside the UK dial +44 870 900 1199. Textphone for hearing/speech impaired 0844 800 50 50.
    After asking you some security questions, we will send you a new Customer PIN by post. When you have received this, log in to the service using the new PIN and you will then be prompted to change it to one of your choosing.
    Your 5 digit Customer PIN is highly confidential and must never be disclosed to anyone.

I would recommend if the above does not help to contact A & L and they will be able to help!

Hope this post helps
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

• hustle90
    hustle90 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    There is a known problem with o2 Broadband and A&L website. Whether this is going to be sorted anytime soon, I have no idea, but for now, you can access Internet Banking from the link posted by the member at the top of this page.
  • Essenchill
    Essenchill Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How do you know of this known problem? I have never been 'informed' of this?
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    hustle90 wrote: »
    There is a known problem with o2 Broadband and A&L website. Whether this is going to be sorted anytime soon, I have no idea, but for now, you can access Internet Banking from the link posted by the member at the top of this page.

That link doesnt work for me. Well, it works inasmuch as it takes me to the home page but when I try to click through it hangs.

I can get in using a proxy server such as Anonymouse
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure