Cancelled trip in Mexico booked with Thomsons

Hi to everyone, I'm a newbie to the forum and have a question for you.

Recently my wife and l went on holiday to Mexico for our birthdays, the big 50 for the missus. We arrived on the 21st Feb for two weeks, we had a fantastic time and holiday.

I'll try to keep it to the barefacts,

1. On 22 Feb 16, We paid £577.28 (15,093.20 MX) for an evening show (4 people), Cirque de Soleil dinner and champagne on the 3rd Mar 16. I Paid by Credit card to the Thomsons rep in resort in one transaction.
2. On the 2nd Mar 16 the rep Spoke to me and said that the cirque de soleil had been cancelled due to lack of people going on that evening. She decided that she would refund me the full amount of 15,093.20 however it would be in two transactions. One amount for 14,159.60 MX and the other for 933.60 MX. The reason for this was that she gave me two receipts, one for transportation and the other for entrance into the event.
3. I received back the 933.60 MX onto my credit card but not the larger amount of 14,153.60 MX.
4. It is nearly 5 weeks now, I was told that it could take up to 3-4 then I questioned that ant then it was 2-3 weeks. Obviously I wasn't happy with the response. I spoken to my bank and the local branch of Thomsons where I booked the holiday about two weeks ago and several times in between then and now.
I know that my bank will chase it as I paid on my bank credit card. I'm trying to give Thomsons time to sort it out.
What do you advise or suggest that I do?
Thanks
John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family