Damage from neighbours chimney

My neighbours chimney fell down in a storm last year...the chimney pot stayed whole and punctured straight through the roof of my 1979 VW Campervan...writing the roof off, smashing all the windows and damaging the bodywork...the bricks and roof tiles also scratched the side of my car...his house insurance has repaired his chimney and fixed his cars...but won’t touch my camper saying ‘if they knew the chimney would fall it would have been covered but as they didn’t it isn’t’ the camper insurance won’t cover it as my ex husband told the insurance on renewal that it was stored in a garage overnight but as we were doing some work on her she was on my driveway...so now I’m left with a campervan that’s worth about 1p and repair costs to my car as it would go down as a fault claim on my insurance if I claim I was just asleep in bed at the time it all feels slightly unfair...his chimney feel down because it hadn’t been maintained and had a crack in it...any advice would be more than welcome as I have no idea who to talk to regarding this tia x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure