Advice on part time redundancy

c3p
c3p Posts: 3 Newbie
Hello everyone,

I new to the forum and I hope I will be able to explain my issue. The place I currently work is expected to be closed later on in the year, the company have announced the date and it is to begin the consultation. The issue is I am currently employed on a part time basis working two days. I work at the company for 10 years. I cannot find any information on how do I deal with a situation where I do not want to leave my current employment and I am potentially available to start working through the week. Can I start new job in the week while remaining in the current employment? Does the new job affects the eligibility for redundancy?

Any help or pointers are appreciated thank you for your time

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you work on the same two days a week every week you work or do they vary?
  • c3p
    edited 20 May 2018 at 1:33PM
    I am working same two days every week
  • WYSPECIAL
    WYSPECIAL Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any restrictions in your current contract about working elsewhere for example competitors?
  • c3p
    Ok, I have found the answer with the help of ACAS helpline. There is no problem in terms of finding second job. The only issues that might be are working time directive and written consent from employer if one is required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure