Sky over Charging me

I have just found out that Sky have been charging me £4 a month for the last 7 years for Sky Talk and evening/weekend calls. I have never had a house phone and stipulated this when I changed over to Sky line rental that it was purely for broadband. At the time the charges were taken off. I do not know when the charges went back on my account but this is something I have never asked for and never used. At the moment I am waiting for Sky to call me back as I wasn't happy with the fact they are refusing to refund my money. Has anyone else had the dame problem and how do I get me money back. Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:04AM
    I have just found out that Sky have been charging me £4 a month for the last 7 years for Sky Talk and evening/weekend calls. I have never had a house phone and stipulated this when I changed over to Sky line rental that it was purely for broadband. At the time the charges were taken off. I do not know when the charges went back on my account but this is something I have never asked for and never used. At the moment I am waiting for Sky to call me back as I wasn't happy with the fact they are refusing to refund my money. Has anyone else had the dame problem and how do I get me money back. Thanks

I have to ask did you not check your monthly statements from Sky?

Did you not check your bank accounts and see a higher amount taken ?

You speak to Sky and ssk for the extra money taken to be refunded, they may also wonder why it wasn't picked up at an earlier point. If no luck on the phone then you try an email to the ceo.
  • Yes I did check my bill which are now paperless but to be honest I just thought the line rental and package had gone up as I had received a letter. They are looking into it but said I couldn't have a refund which I am disputing
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This is why you should check you bill every month & look at what you are paying for. You may get a gesture of goodwill such as a small credit on your account.

Out of interest, would you be happy if they contacted you & said "Michelle, we have been checking our records & we have under charged you by £4 each month for the last 7 years. Could you please pay us £336 please?"
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If Sky refuse to refund the monies they've overcharged you and if you have evidence that you did not opt for the Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends package when you entered into your contract with Sky, the small claims court might be a way forward:
    https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes I did check my bill which are now paperless but to be honest I just thought the line rental and package had gone up as I had received a letter. They are looking into it but said I couldn't have a refund which I am disputing

You can only have noted the total for the month as the charges are broken down with Sky Talk listed separate.

You have to check more closely I'm afraid and given you've been charged this for 7 years, unless you have actual proof I can't see you getting anything bar perhaps a small courtesy payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure