Comments

• JamesO
    JamesO Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Asking-for-Advice.png
    Options
    Now you are being utterly ridiculous.

What do you think the rest of the thousands of graduates do?

Oh the irony, look who's using 'overly flowery' language now

I think English might be your second language
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2018d wrote: »
    English is my first and only language.Not that for any reason it should even be an issue.

Funnily enough one of my 2 masters is in Public Relations (First Class ), and my work has been published in 10 national media outlets. And I secured subsequent work from those editors.

Most employers are impressed by candidates who have personality. I know this because I have previously secured lucrative contracts from high paying employers. I mentioned earlier I even turned work down over Christmas

you as 'an occasional languages teacher I am also interested in your use of language.' should have noticed my question - I have never had a rejection this 'polite', usually people are direct.

there is debate on this very thread about that,

And I again highlight, at no point was this Head under any obligation to respond back to me if he was irritated. Many corporate heads don't bother because they are too busy.
    I welcome constructive feedback, but this is now becoming collectively abusive in a personal sense and I will report any personal or insulting comments

...... and then you follow this up by insulting other members?
  • jungle_jane
    Options
    2018d wrote: »

All reputable firms have a research and development department

Most reputable firms hire exclusively from Russell Group Universities and actively state it as an entry requirement for any applications

Neither of these are true I'm afraid...especially the first.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I think this whole thing is a wind up. What a weird question. Why would anyone chase an unpaid (unavailable) position so avidly? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. And yet . . . the interest it has generated. I've changed my question : is this a thread that's been started as a bet? Good on you! Fooled everyone. And it's not even April Fools day yet. PS I also graduated from a Russell Group Uni and I don't believe you've done more than one Masters degree. Why would you? They're expensive and the natural progression from an MA is a PhD. What a time-wasting load of nonsense. And I mean that in the kindest sense.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trump-youre-fired.jpg
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I would take it at face value, rather than reading any "code" into it.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    Well, I would take it at face value, rather than reading any "code" into it.

Yep, it all makes sense now, since we found the OP has a Masters Degree from a Russell Group Uni (gasps) in Public Relations. In other words someone has wasted however much time and money getting a degree in B.S. Accounts for the fact they can seem neither to understand nor to use plain English.
  • Ja7188
    Ja7188 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yet another thread in which the OP shows a total lack of interest in the views they have sought by coming here in the first place (and in this case, appears to be presenting the views of a friend of hers as sufficient to invalidate the views of others here) and lashes out at posters who make comments she doesn't like. On top of all that, she then outright insults others.

At the end of the day, none of us really know what Steve meant - he could have been genuinely irritated, but he could equally have written that e-mail quickly and without reading it back before sending (not that he was under any obligation to do so).

The OP needs to forget about this company and take it into her head that qualifications don't get you very far if you don't pair them with the right attitude and ethic - and then crack on with the job search in a considered manner, noting that this may mean accepting positions with limited progression opportunities in order to build up experience.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have a Russell Group masters degree and you get a distinction, not a first. First, 2:1 etc are usually (not 100%) undergrad...

It also doesn't make me a genius, it just means I could do all of the assignments. I still need interpersonal skills etc for work, and it doesn't measure them.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport