Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    it doesn't seem to be a glitch - in my local it was shelf labelled as such. £5 each and BOGOF.

It is a glitch if you look at the on line prices. Waitrose works out a lot cheaper than other outlets. 16 Duracell batteries for £4 for me £5 to others. Please tell me of the cheap shops ie bm hb that are cheaper
    Ps glitch
    If you look at W on line they think it’s still £8 odd
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 December 2017 at 6:16PM
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    As once a new thread was started the old thread would then b preserved.

not necessarily, zippy. A closed thread can still be spam buttoned so could still be wiped out.

That's why I said this idea of starting a new thread every x months isn't certain to achieve what a few people want it to.
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Will you help us achieve it.....or is it a case of finding a board guide who may be more willing to accommodate the request going forward?
    Its a case of.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 December 2017 at 6:37PM
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Waitrose this morning. Most Christmas things now reduced to 25%.

Managed to easily use up my £8 off £40.

Quality Street tub 750g £1.25
    McVitie's Victoria Biscuits (blue box) 600g £1.00
    Fabulously Fox's Biscuits (red box) £1.00
    McVitie's Family Circle 670g 75p
    Cadbury's Chocolate Biscuits (tin) 340g £1.25
    Lindt Lindor (large box, 600g) £2.50
    Little boxes buttons/smarties tubes 25p
    Toblerone Tinys 160g 77p

Waitrose own Chocolate Biscuit Selection £1.00
    (look like Fox's from picture on the back of box)

Waitrose Luxury Shortbread and Chocolate Shortbread £1.50 each

Waitrose Chocs – Selection Box £1.25

Lots of empty spaces: Bertie Bassetts box 75p. Small bags of Lindor balls 50p.
    Mhoc the expensive £12.60 cake they were giving samples of couple weeks ago, reduced to £3.12 but unfortunately empty space.
    Also the kit to make your own Xmas cake, empty space but under £3.00.

Waities soaked brandy fruit 800g bag 93p, but all gone.

Some gifts were being reduced but no SELs up yet.

Link to online prices, which are up-to-date.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/search?&searchTerm=christmas

At last some proper RTC prices, although, as you point out, many people might not find stock left. My suggestion would be not to bother going to M but instead to go to W. Can you believe that McVitie's Victoria Biscuits tin was the one item I kept trying to find in M? Eventually, I did find it, only to find it was still £3 there, at least it still was yesterday. McVitie's Family Circle 670g in M also seemed to be stuck on £2 and the Thornton's Christmas Collection was still £5:eek:!

I am finding that many of the seasonal items have gone unavailable on a.com. However, the McVitie's Family Circle is £2.50 in A and is still online - it should compare against W at 75p and McVitie's Victoria Biscuits Selection (600g) is £4 on a.com - it should compare vs £1 W:D! This could be very good for people that can't find them in W or don't have a W. They may be able to go with the Heinz tins as the APG still has 5 for £3 for W on at least some of those. Careful though that they don't go OOS on a.com after you have bought them in A. I do not know why the W mbuy is still in the system for the Heinz as I cannot see it on W's website anymore. Maybe the system has failed to update its W prices for several days - however, if that's so, the APG then won't pick up 75p on the Family Circle and £1 on the Victoria Biscuits Selection (unless it's somehow just the Heinz that doesn't seem to be updating but the system getting new W prices on other items).
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure my ravioli worked

22 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x Warburtons Medium White Bread (800g) £1.05 £1.05
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Marshmallow Faces (40g) £0.25 N/A
    3x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £3.21 £3.21
    10x Heinz Spaghetti with Sausages in Tomato Sauce (400g) £10.70 £6.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) £1.48 £1.50
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Mini Marti Mushrooms (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Shrimps & Bananas (45g) £0.25 N/A
    6x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £6.42 £4.05
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £22.96 £15.91
    +£7.05 cheape
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Anyway....I'm off in the words of Zag to become a lurker for a couple of weeks....we have 3 birthdays to celebrate and a rather large and looming anniversary that we would rather wasn't there falling in the middle of them all.

I'll hopefully see you all on the other side mid January...but until then I'll wish you all a lovely New Year and perhaps leave you with a tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRm6lXCG1kw

If only xx

night all...
    Oh I love that song. Take care dear LEJC and hold on to your happy memories. See you when you feel ready to rejoin us (((x))) Until then I wish you a peaceful and happy new year xxx
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »

I only count 19 tins Claire :(
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 December 2017 at 6:32PM
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Curl girl was this a small or large Asda store please?

I have checked a superstore this morning and an ex netto Asda, where they are scanning at £3.00. Thanks

curl_girl wrote: »
    Izzey, the whiskas box was £2 in small ex netto store.
    I visit 4 small stores and find they all have different stock and different prices!

Evening luvlies

Just waiting for DGD1 to be dropped off as it’s her mum’s birthday today, DD2 always moans to me she was born so close to Christmas bless her - not much I can do to change that :rotfl: She’s out for a meal tonight so we have DGD1 staying over. Her favourite film is Shrek, wonder how many times we will have to watch it tonight, she’s very bossy for a 2 year old :rotfl:

I was getting these for £2 on Christmas Eve and there’s loads just been restocked in my ex netto. CG I think it was you who said they had been reduced, so thank you for that. Did we know there were 2 Mocs inside the box? One for £1 Off whiskas casserole boxes and the other for 40p off the 3 in 1 treats.

I have a bit of an odd situation going on at home - regarding food.

The more food stocks I have in, the less I actually want to eat. I don't know why it is, I've noticed it for a couple of Christmases now, and it's starting to feel a bit weird.

I had Xmas lunch on Xmas Day, and it wasn't a huge amount, then same again on Boxing Day. Yesterday all I wanted was egg on toast, and today I've had a bacon sandwich. I've eaten two mince pies in 4 days, and that's it, no cake, no pudding, no chocolate log. A handful of cherry liqueurs, and that's been it.

Certainly something to bear in mind for food shopping for Xmas 2018.

Exactly the same here. Have portioned up all the left over meat and frozen it. Even portioned up 2 fox size servings of other left overs as hate waste and we don’t want to over feed them. Trying to encourage them to catch their own food but a little treat won’t hurt them, they are so luffly the way they sit like little dogs on the patio waiting :A.

We only bought one small box of roses so we wouldn’t be left with them, the same with savoury snacks.

I can’t ‘do’ left overs for more than 2 days so we have a nice salmon salad tonight :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 December 2017 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Folks please remember if you see a post from someone you suspect to be an AE, please report it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »

22 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x Warburtons Medium White Bread (800g) £1.05 £1.05
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Marshmallow Faces (40g) £0.25 N/A
    3x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £3.21 £3.21
    10x Heinz Spaghetti with Sausages in Tomato Sauce (400g) £10.70 £6.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) £1.48 £1.50
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Mini Marti Mushrooms (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Shrimps & Bananas (45g) £0.25 N/A
    6x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £6.42 £4.05
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £22.96 £15.91
    +£7.05 cheape

Were you one tin short for the offer to kick in or am I reading it wrong, or has it not matched T's ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure