cdkeys. beware!

Comments

• chippy2u
    chippy2u Posts: 320
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This is part of an email from cdkeys giving their reasons for wanting these details.

Thanks for your reply.
    I am sorry about this situation, due to the nature of the products we’re selling, we are a target for fraud so we have to follow our protocol. As our protocol, once a customer is flagged, we require him/her a valid photo ID before proceeding any further transactions. Unfortunately the way PayPal and any other payment system linked to a Credit Card works, a payment can be reversed up to 3 months after the transaction date so we need to make sure we’re dealing with the account holder.
    You will note in our email that we have asked for the sensitive information on the request ID to be blocked out, that is of no interest us. We only require your Name and address to be clearly displayed, this information has already been provided to us by PayPal at the time of your purchase. What is of interest to us is verifying that you are the genuine account holder.
    Anyhow, I can confirm the cancellation and refund has been fully processed.
    Kind Regards,
    Scott M
    Support Guru | cdkeys.com
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    never had an issue with them, never needed to provide any other info other than my paypal payment
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • chippy2u wrote: »
    Just tried to get an xbox live gold code from 'cdkeys'. After a lot of faffing about checking my PayPal details and me having to give them my email addy and mobile no. so they can send me a pin code to enter

I was just asked for the pin code before they released the Xbox live code last month.
    If they asked for the passport and drivers licence then I would have cancelled like you.
  • I've used cd keys on two previous occasions with not too much issue after the nightmare of getting verified.
    This year I bought another xbox live code for my son only to find out it had been used, cd keys said to contact Microsoft which I did to which Microsoft said the code had been used and they couldn't do anything for me.
    I then contacted cd keys and now they're not answering emails
    I'm at a loose to get this resolved I think I've lost my money.
    For sure I'll not try and I've a few pounds using this website again and pay the extra to have customer service should something not go right.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Tansky wrote: »
    I've used cd keys on two previous occasions with not too much issue after the nightmare of getting verified.
    This year I bought another xbox live code for my son only to find out it had been used, cd keys said to contact Microsoft which I did to which Microsoft said the code had been used and they couldn't do anything for me.
    I then contacted cd keys and now they're not answering emails
    I'm at a loose to get this resolved I think I've lost my money.
    For sure I'll not try and I've a few pounds using this website again and pay the extra to have customer service should something not go right.

Should have posted this on another board either the consumer rights.

Ive used CDKeys before with no issues.
  • Same here, I've used CDKeys multiple times in the past and never had an issue. Verification was smooth and purchases after that have been instant. Have had a friend or two had difficulties jumping through the verification hoops, though.
  • neoless
    neoless Posts: 26 Forumite
    so you will long to wait for a response from them. Better send them what they ask. Confirm your personal data. They are not interested in your failure from "cdkeys".
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Resurrecting a year old thread to promote a similar website?

I smell processed pork products!
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Used CDkeys yesterday to purchase xbox live subscription yesterday. Tried to redeem code and says already redeemed. Eventually spoke to microsoft on chat and they were able to tel me that code already redeemed 22nd March !!
    No reply so far from CDKeys !!
    Scared to purchase another in case I dont get a refund - my son desperately wants to go live as off on school holidays.
    Cant afford to loose £35 :(
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 April 2018 at 9:16PM
    BOBS wrote: »
    Used CDkeys yesterday to purchase xbox live subscription yesterday. Tried to redeem code and says already redeemed. Eventually spoke to microsoft on chat and they were able to tel me that code already redeemed 22nd March !!
    No reply so far from CDKeys !!
    Scared to purchase another in case I dont get a refund - my son desperately wants to go live as off on school holidays.
    Cant afford to loose £35 :(

Could have bought a 14 day pass for £2.99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure